SupplyHouse.com, a fast-growing and innovative e-commerce company, is looking for an Accounting Intern to work with us virtually this summer! This individual will gain hands-on experience and be exposed to the daily functions of our Accounting Team.
This is a remote-based role within select states in the United States. At this time, we are only able to employ those located in the following states: Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin.
This position may require travel to our NY office headquarters up to two times during the program for internal meetings and team-building activities. The cost of travel for employees out of the area will be covered by the company. Additionally, our offices are always available for staff to use as much as desired.
Location: Remote (Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin)
Length of Program: Monday, June 3rd, through Friday, August 9th
Internship On-Site Meeting: Thursday, July 25th
Schedule: Standard business hours are Monday â Friday, 8:00 a.m. â 5:00 p.m. EST. However, there is some flexibility as per our Flex-Time Policy.
The Day to Day:
- Responsible for managing vendors, price checking, and setting up payments
- Interact with vendors to resolve discrepancies
- Learn additional Accounts Payable tasks and functions within the team
- Utilize the functions in NetSuite, our accounting software, to ensure data is accurate
- Working toward a Bachelorâs degree in Accounting, Business, or a related field
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Pleasant and personable demeanor
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
What's important to us:
- Positive Attitudeâ We work in close quarters where attitudes are contagious
- GRIT â Our 5 core values! (Generosity, Respect, Innovation, Teamwork, and Grit)
- We like to have fun at work! â NO really! Team building events, guest speakers, and company sponsored activities
Why work with us:
- Gain Experience â Gain real-world, hands-on experience.
- Build Connections â Connect with other interns and team members throughout the company.
- Have Flexibility â Standard business hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST. However, feel free to utilize our âFlex-Timeâ policy to adjust your start and end time slightly.
- Collaborate â Working in a team atmosphere is vital to our success and everyone here plays an important role.
- Stay Engaged â Be on the lookout for our virtual activities, events, and giving back initiatives!
SupplyHouse.com strongly values inclusion and encourages individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position.
Hear from our previous interns:
- "Since my first day as an intern, I have always felt so welcomed by the team members in each department. My Team Lead gave me a chance to start making an impact on day one and has been there for guidance every step of the way as needed. Working with kind, driven people is my favorite part of being at SupplyHouse!" - Josh, IT Team
- "Spending my summer with the SupplyHouse team was one of the best decisions Iâve ever made. From the incredible hands-on experience to the outstanding mentorship, I gained immense personal and professional growth. I also created valuable connections with team members across departments and with the other interns. Every intern is heavily valued, and our opinions were welcomed and appreciated. The internship exceeded all of my expectations and was a pivotal step in my professional journey, leaving me with newfound confidence, knowledge, and memories that will certainly shape my future endeavors." - Sarah, HR Team
- "My internship at SupplyHouse was an incredible journey of growth and learning. The dynamic and collaborative work environment allowed me to apply theoretical knowledge to real-world projects, enhancing my skills. The supportive team and inclusive culture made SupplyHouse not just a workplace but a place where I felt empowered and inspired to excel." - Manal, HR Team
We are looking for motivated, passionate students who are hoping to continue working full-time following graduation. Please submit your resume if you are interested in applying!
Check us out! https://www.supplyhouse.com/our-company
Please know that we are unable to sponsor work visas or temporarily hire candidates that are authorized to work for a defined period of time in their field of study for this position.
All emails from the SupplyHouse team will only be sent from an @supplyhouse.com email address. Please exercise caution if you receive an email from an alternate domain such as @gmail.com, @hotmail.com, etc.
Please mention the word **SUPREME** and tag RMy4yMzYuMTk0LjI0 when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMy4yMzYuMTk0LjI0). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.