Have you ever wondered how those outdoor screens manage to deliver advertisements that seem to speak directly to your likes and interests? Itâs called digital out of home advertising and itâs usually enabled by programmatic technology. Thatâs exactly what we do. Hivestack revolutionized the future of our industry by building our unique full stack ad tech platform.
On the buy side, marketers use Hivestackâs Demand Side Platform (DSP) to create measurable campaigns that activate DOOH screens in real time based on consumer behavior and audience movement patterns. On the sell side, DOOH media owners use Hivestackâs Supply Side Platform (SSP) & Ad Server and Header Bidder to manage inventory and drive revenue.
The key to our success has been our amazing pink-loving global team. We donât like to rest on traditional workplace models, we are flexible to change and we arenât afraid to stand out and champion new ideas. Sounds interesting? Come join us and make a real impact on digital screens around the world.
About this role/The opportunity
Reporting to the Global Controller, you will oversee the month-end closing process and assist in ensuring accurate financial statements.
How Youâll Make an Impact/duties and responsibilities
- Ensuring timely and accurate completion of the monthly general ledger close for all entities, including preparation of manual journal entries, as well as account reconciliations and analysis
- Ensuring that internal controls are properly respects and maintained
- Managing most aspects of the general ledger
- Assisting with external audits â SOC, Financial Statement, Sales tax
- Assist with preparation of government tax credit filings
- Overseeing the accounts receivable and accounts payable functions
- Assist the Global Controller with producing various useful financial information to be distributed to various stakeholders
What do you need to perform in this job / What youâll bring to the table
- Bachelorâs degree, majoring in Accountancy or other related diplomas
- 4+ years of experience in a similar role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and French
- Proactive and ability to handle problems and tasks without direction
- Strong professional judgment
- Strong attention to detail
- Organizational and time management skills
- Strong understanding of accounting concepts
- Ability to clearly articulate needs of the finance department
- Problem solving skills
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience working with accounting systems (Microsoft Great Plains an asset)
- Strong understanding of the business as a whole
- Ability to identify weaknesses in the control environment
- Excellent communicator
What Weâll Bring to the Table/Whatâs in it for you
Our success is defined by our ability to create strong, long-lasting human relationships. We value different perspectives because theyâve shaped some of our best ideas. Join us in the pink revolution!
- An opportunity to grow with a dynamic global company, personally and professionally
- Small collaborative teams where you can directly impact both product and culture
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation packages, health and wellness benefits including:
- Healthcare package
- Virtual healthcare platform
- Annual wellness allowance
- Learning and development platform
- Flexible Fridays
- 3 personal days
- Unlimited sick days
- Hybrid/ remote work
- Additional Work from home perks
Our core values reflect the essence of who we are and how we work towards a common goal. Our core values are:
- People First - We are a business that cares. We care about our partners. We care about each other.
- Embrace the fast lane - As a group we are motivated by our ability to think and act quickly under all circumstances.
- Move as one - Our team of excellent achievers is a reflection of the faith and belief we all have in each other.
- Innovation over comfort - Innovate through experimentation and take calculated risks often.
Interested in learning more about Hivestack? Check out our website here.
Feel this is the right opportunity for you? We would love to hear from you. Please apply here.
Hivestack is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Hivestack is a proud equal opportunity employer.
Please mention the word **COMPETITIVE** and tag RMjYwNDplZDQwOjEwMDA6MTcxMTo3YzM1OmViZmY6ZmVmNTo0OTE5 when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMjYwNDplZDQwOjEwMDA6MTcxMTo3YzM1OmViZmY6ZmVmNTo0OTE5). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.