About Gartner Digital Markets:
Gartner Digital Markets is a business unit within Gartner. Our mission is to help small businesses make the right technology choices and find the tools they need to grow, optimize, and become more effective at what they do. The business is comprised of three top brands—Capterra, Software Advice, and GetApp. For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the technology space, Gartner Digital Markets offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the stability and resources of a large, established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming.
What we’re looking for:
As an Enterprise Data Architect, you will be a key technical expert overseeing GDM's data product build & operations and drive a strong vision for how multiple teams can proactively create a positive impact on the business. As a member of the engineering team, you will help lead the development of very large and complex data applications into cloud environments directly impacting the design, architecture, and implementation of GDM's data products around topics like performance management, vendor services, vendor portal, analytics, reporting and data science.
We are looking for a person who has helped separate business units to operate as a single entity, someone who has demonstrated leadership to make significant changes to move towards centralized solutions for common services and keep autonomy where it makes sense to do so.
Why you’ll want to come to work:
- Build the enterprise products that meet high performance, high availability, and maintainability standards, using current and emerging big data technologies.
- Design scalable patterns and architecture to support both batch and real-time data products & platforms using Microservices, Spark, Kafka, Snowflake or other Cloud data warehousing technologies and SageMaker.
- Work with product managers, stakeholders , technology teams and data engineers within the enterprise data governance process to define and conceptualize data models across enterprise master data, transaction data, and informational data and implement those models into the enterprise data model.
- Making tactical architecture decisions to support immediate projects but will be a key expert informing long term data architecture strategy:
- Design, implement and demonstrate solutions that exhibit the highest levels of performance, security, scalability and reliability to the End-Customer.
- Leading design and architecture of a feature or product, mentoring and guiding the engineering and product team, performing code reviews for critical features, when necessary, not afraid of jumping in to help with specific programming challenges.
- Experience solving unstructured data related issues, such as, alignment between producers and consumers, data contracts and schema evolution, versioning and introduction of non breaking changes. GDM is moving towards a real-time, enterprise message bus architecture and we want to ensure data producers move into a more active role of owning and taking responsibility for their data quality and data delivery and more importantly into understanding how the data is going to be used downstream by their consumers for reporting and data science use cases.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- 7+ years of experience with Data Lake Infrastructure, Data Warehousing, Data Modelling and Data Analytics tools by working with agile methodology.
- 10+ years of experience developing enterprise data models.
- 5+ years of cloud experience in at least one major cloud (Azure, AWS, GCP).
- Experience in at least one data modeling tool (ER/Studio, Erwin / Miro / Lucidchart)..
- Experience with at least one massively parallel processing database technology such as Snowflake, Redshift or Synapse.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, along with the strong ability to influence senior level management and stakeholders.
- Proven track record of leading, mentoring, hiring and scaling technology teams.
- Strong change manager: comfortable with change, especially that which arises through company growth.
- Ability to understand and translate business requirements into data and technical requirements.
- High degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, competing projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Proven experience working on a data driven company, following Data Governance principles and procedures and helping to define them when needed
Check out our video to learn about who we are, and what we do:
What you’ll find:
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities.
- A collaborative and positive culture - join a diverse team of professionals that are as smart and driven as you.
- A chance to make an impact - your work will contribute directly to our strategy.
- Frequent social activities such as movie night, laser tag, bowling, escape room, summer beach party, hiking & bbq, and more!
- Hybrid environment with flexibility, remote work, Friday afternoons free, and more.
- New offices close to Glòries and the beach in the fantastic, “innovation and tech” 22@ district of sunny Barcelona.
- Fresh fruit, snacks, selection of teas, fair trade organic coffee and a fridge full of beer for our Thursday Beer O’Clock.
What you’ll receive:
- Competitive compensation packages.
- 23 days annual holiday, and additional days off for your birthday, 24th & 31st of December.
- Access to Pluralsight, Udemy and FrontendMasters online tech skills development platforms
- Private Medical and Dental Care.
- Life and Disability Insurance.
- Public Transport Subsidy.
- Ticket Restaurant Card.
- Childcare Vouchers (Ticket Guarderia).
- IncentiFit - annual reimbursement for health-and-wellness-related activities.
- Spanish lessons.
- Pension Scheme.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Gartner Gives Charity Match.
- Relocation Assistance - a specialist to help you with all the appointments and paperwork.
What are we:
- Action Oriented - Deliver fast, get great results. We embrace the vision, roadmap to success and the action it takes to make it happen.
- Intellectually Curious - Seek to learn, love to teach. We’re humble and embrace respectful, radical candor with a mindset of ongoing professional and personal development.
- Collaborative - One team, shared mission. We welcome feedback and understand the value of working together to accomplish more than what is possible individually.
- Applications must be submitted in English.
- A valid EU visa/passport is required for this position.