Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
Computer technology has had a limited impact on healthcare. With recent advancements in AI, thatâs about to fundamentally change. Tempus is a healthcare company at the forefront of that change.
Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians. Our data empowers researchers to better characterize and understand disease, and to drive better outcomes through precise, individualized care.
We built Tempus to collect, structure, and organize data from disparate sources to power innovation and discovery. Now we are looking for a Director, Enterprise Strategy- Sequencing & CDx to join our rapidly growing Life Sciences Research team. This role would focus on establishing and building partnerships with pharmaceutical companies while driving revenues across our Life Science Research product/service lines.
Director, Enterprise Strategy- Sequencing & CDx - Life Sciences Research
The position requires up to 20-30% travel.
- Strategic Direction:
- Collaborate with the Life Sciences Commercial Team to provide strategic and tactical scientific support and education with the objectives of incorporating Tempusâ suite of oncology tissue NGS (including CDx), liquid biopsy (ctDNA), and multi-omics test offerings into pharmaceutical drug trials.
- Partner with data and trial matching teams to build a cohesive and custom story of the Tempus value proposition to customers based on their needs and asset timelines
- Proactively find and define opportunities for pharma customer engagements based on anticipated CDx, NGS, and multi-omics testing needs for clinical trials in each major cancer type (e.g., lung, breast, colorectal, pancreatic, and prostate cancer)
- Build tailored proposals for life sciences partners to cover Tempus CDx, sequencing, and Multi-Omics solutions utilizing Tempus generated scientific data.
- Network with key pharmaceutical clinical development, translational science, diagnostic strategy, medical affairs, and business development professionals working on oncology pipeline/development strategies
- Accountable for business performance metrics across key Life Sciences accounts for sequencing services (i.e. bookings, revenue, etc.)
- Collaborate with Alliance Management and Operations to manage existing business and identify new opportunities for account growth
- Track progress against defined strategic objectives and revenue goals; review progress/setbacks frequently with the broader Account Team and Tempus Leadership
- Contribute to the development of the Life Sciences portfolio by providing feedback to Leadership regarding client responses and suggestions; maintain a solution-oriented mindset
- Provide clinical and scientific perspectives in pharmaceutical client engagement meetings, providing technical and professional presentations when needed in support of Tempus tests
- Support profiling and analyses of pharmaceutical company pipelines along with key scientific trends in molecular diagnostics influencing drug development programs
- Provide pre-deal support in meetings with pharmaceutical companies and academic researchers
- Collaborate with R&D and scientific teams to stay up to date on the latest technologies and capabilities Tempus can offer
- Identify opportunities to close education gaps within internal KAD and account management teams
- Fundamental understanding of the field of molecular oncology, NGS, CDx, and diagnostic algorithms
- Extensive working knowledge of phase I-IV oncology drug development programs and processes
- Public speaking skills and ability to effectively communicate relevant scientific topics and concepts
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills, strong inter- and intradepartmental management skills, ability to educate and train
- Strong business acumen with the ability to define strategies and manage operational plans to achieve strategic business objectives
- Self-starter with an ownership mindset able to work and deliver on tight timelines
- Must reside within the US with the ability to travel up to 20-30%
Education and Required Experience
- Masters or higher degree (PhD or Healthcare certification) in a Science discipline;
- Understanding of oncology and molecular diagnostic testing
- 5+ years of oncology pharmaceutical/biotech company experience in medical affairs, clinical development, or translational science and/or
- Experience in a selling role (preferred)
- Account management and strategic selling skills, articulation of issues, and an ability to navigate a wide range of stakeholders
Please mention the word **DESERVEDLY** and tag RMTA3LjE4MC4xMDkuMTY= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE4MC4xMDkuMTY=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.