NPR Development is seeking an experienced communications professional to join our growing Donor Communications team. The Donor Communications Manager will serve as both a content creator and project manager, crafting materials that inspire donors and connect them to NPRâs work and mission. This person will write and oversee the production of a portfolio of projects, including major gift proposals, impact reports, marketing pieces, newsletters, event collateral, web content and stewardship projects, among others. The ideal candidate will be creative, highly collaborative, and have a track record producing successful donor materials. S/he should be familiar with best practices in philanthropic messaging and digital/printed communications. Graphic design experience is preferred.
- Write compelling donor collateral, including proposals, impact reports, stewardship pieces, newsletters, web content and other materials;
- Serve as project manager, overseeing the timely production and delivery of donor materials;
- Provide writing or editing support for communications and development related materials;
- Manage the production and distribution of digital donor communications, including newsletters, donor emails, and donor-specific online features for NPRâs website;
- Maintain and curate a database of graphics and photographs for use in communications materials;
- Support division-wide knowledge management by organizing newsroom updates, program announcements, audience insights and other relevant data;
- Manage content calendars for donor communications and stewardship activities;
- Collaborate with colleagues across NPR, including other teams within Development, Marketing and Communications, our newsroom, among others.
- 5 to 7 years of nonprofit writing or communications experience, proposal and grant writing experience preferred
- Exceptional writing, editing and communication skills
- Able to write for different audiences and platforms (print, web, social media)
- Ability to synthesize complex information into clear, inspiring language
- Highly organized with attentiveness to detail and strict adherence to deadlines
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and work under pressure
- Highly collaborative with an appreciation of the benefit of a multidisciplinary team approach.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a sense of humor
- Graphic design skills, including document layout and basic photo editing
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience developing infographics, data visualizations and short video
- Nonprofit development experience
- Knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Webtrends, etc.)
- Experience building, testing, and deploying emails within Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Salesforce or equivalent database experience
- Experience with digital and email marketing and SEO (strong digital literacy a plus)
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in work experience preferred
- Remote Permitted: This is a remote permitted role. This role is based out of our Washington, DC office but the employee may choose to work on a remote basis from a location that NPR approves.
- This is a full time, exempt position.
Salary Range: The U.S. based anticipated salary range for this opportunity is $90,000 - $100,000 plus benefits. The range displayed reflects the minimum and maximum salaries NPR expects to provide for new hires for the position across all US locations.
Benefits: NPR offers access to comprehensive benefits for employees and dependents. Regular, full-time employees scheduled to work 30 hours or more per week are eligible to enroll in NPRâs benefits options. Benefits include access to health and wellness, paid time off, and financial well-being. Plan options include medical, dental, vision, life/ accidental death and dismemberment, long-term disability, short-term disability, and voluntary retirement savings to all eligible NPR employees.
Does this sound like you? If so, we want to hear from you.
Please mention the word **OVATION** and tag RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzIuMTcz when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzIuMTcz). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.