Based in Washington, D.C., United States, Quorum is the leading provider of workflow software for government affairs professionals across Fortune 100 corporations, non-profits, associations, and governmental end-markets. Quorumâs innovative AI-powered integrated cloud platform allows users to manage stakeholder engagement, launch grassroots advocacy campaigns, manage PACs (Political Action Committees), and track legislative activity at all levels of government, including federal, state, local, EU, and internationally.
Help us build the future of PAC management software! As the Engineering Manager of the Quorum PAC Expansion software team, you will coach, manage, and support a squad of full-stack engineers focused on building new PAC features to support our growing list of customers. As Engineering Manager, you will be hands-on and own the technical roadmap planning and execution in collaboration with the PAC Product Manager, peer engineering managers, Product Design, and QA. In managing the individual contributors, hands-on coding and technical guidance are expected at about 50% in any given week, though delegating technical tasks is usually expected. As the Engineering Manager, you will deliver high-quality results and work through risks, challenges, and obstacles, all while setting and managing expectations with various stakeholders.
What You'll Do
- First Week: You will work closely with an onboarding mentor to complete the standard engineering onboarding process and learn to ship new code to production to understand the end-to-end tech stack and software development lifecycle.
- First Month: You will be up and running with your standard managerial practices and processes, learn the ins and outs of Quorumâs PAC product, technical strategy, roadmap, and challenges, and get to know the members of your team, product managers and other leaders on the technology team.
- First Three Months: You will fully own the planning and execution of the PAC Expansion team, including technical roadmap and milestones. You will mentor and coach existing team members to improve their skills & team productivity and help bring new team members into the organization as needed.
- First Six Months: Your team will have successfully shipped many new features, improved team operations and effectiveness, and facilitated the onboarding of new customers.
- 5+ years of relevant experience, including 1+ years as an Engineering Manager and/or Tech Lead with proven technical and leadership abilities.
- Data expertise: data modeling in relational & non-relational databases, data quality, data integration, search, data visualization, and performance tuning.
- Experience with cloud-native architectures, AWS preferred.
- Experience with Docker and containerized build and deploy pipelines.
- Excellent communication skills, including good English
- Strong, agile project management skills as demonstrated by a strong track record of completing complex technical projects that this individual directly owned
- Strong coaching and management skills as indicated by a strong track record of supporting the growth and development of other engineers
- Experience with US-based companies as part of a remote or hybrid team is preferred.
- This position requires approximately 50% hands-on development time.
About the Software Development Team
- We're a fast-growing team dedicated to improving our people, processes, and platform. The team is primarily structured into product-oriented squads.
- We support many different products but internally think of them as one system with a single unified codebase supporting the Quorum platform. We aim to build centralized systems that handle complex problems for multiple features and products.
- Weâre focused on doing the important things the right way -- we write solid documentation, test our code well, design for scale, and follow defined software development processes.
- We follow best-in-class security practices to safeguard our data and application against bad actors. We regularly test and update processes and technology to fight complacency because we know good security is a continuous effort.
- We curate high-quality datasets essential for effective mapping and tracking of the government and public affairs spaces. Our datasets underpin our promise to give users the information necessary to make intelligent decisions influencing policy.
- We set rigorous quality standards and monitor them with a mix of programmatic and manual verifications to ensure users maintain high trust in our systems.
- Weâre very close as a team and invest not only in each othersâ skills and careers but also in building genuine relationships with one another: product development is a team sport where open communication and collaboration lead to amazing outcomes for our customers. We believe itâs better (and more fun) to work on a team of people you know well and care about.
Our Work Environment
- We are a remote-first team with flexible work options: work remotely, or you may choose to come into our office in Belo Horizonte.
Do you want to learn what it's like to have a real impact at a fast-growing company that is changing the way the advocacy process works? If so, drop us a line. We'd love to talk to you!
- This is a full-time CLT position.
- Standard Brazil Holidays
- Monthly Work from Home Stipend
- Mental and Dental Care by SulAmÃ©rica
- Monthly Professional Development/Mental Health stipend
- Alelo Food Voucher
- Incompany English classes with a native speaker teacher
- Free Subscription to the Calm app
- Invest in Yourself Days - one Friday per quarter is dedicated to your professional development!
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Virtual and in-person team events
- Inclusion & Diversity Affinity Groups to support belonging
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
Please mention the word **SMOOTHEST** and tag RNDcuMjE5Ljk5LjMz when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RNDcuMjE5Ljk5LjMz). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.