At Matter Labs, we believe freedom drives progress and prosperity. We donât see ourselves as a company, but as a team aligned around a single mission: to advance personal freedom for all (see ZK Credo
To achieve this goal, weâre building zkSync â a credibly neutral, fully open source technology stack and network on top of Ethereum, which is owned and governed by its community. We use advanced cryptography called zero-knowledge proofs
to scale Ethereum infinitely without compromising on security or decentralization. With a world-class team, a community of over 1M supporters across Twitter
, and hundreds of millions $ in funding
, we have abundant resources to accomplish the mission.
As Matter Labsâ first full-time graphic designer, your role will be pivotal in defining and elevating the zkSync brand through visual storytelling. You'll be entrusted with developing a wide variety of assets, from social media graphics and blog illustrations to event materials and merch designs. Your work will not only express the essence of our brand but also engage audiences with creativity and relevance.
In this role, youâll collaborate closely with teams throughout the organization to bring zkSyncâs value proposition to life and ensure that our branding is consistent and effective, whether online or offline. By fusing creativity with technical design expertise, youâll have the chance to make an outsized impact on how one of the fastest-growing web3 brands differentiates itself in a highly competitive space.
What You'll Be Doing
- Develop a wide range of creative assets for social media, blogs, events, and merchandise that effectively communicate the zkSync brand's essence.
- Collaborate across the organization to maintain a cohesive and consistent brand identity.
- Manage design projects from concept to completion, ensuring timely delivery of high-quality work in a fast-paced environment.
- Use your expertise in design tools and your strong skills in typography, layout, and branding to create innovative designs that engage our audience.
- Utilize your experience to turn ideas into impactful designs with minimal direction, demonstrating a strong commitment to design excellence.
What We Look For in You
- 6+ years of multidisciplinary graphic design experience on an agency or in-house team
- A robust design portfolio demonstrating your versatility across various digital channels
- Bachelorâs degree in Graphic Design or equivalent professional experience
- Expert in design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, After Effects, etc.
- Strong typography, layout, hierarchy, and branding skills
- Experience with motion design and animation strongly preferred
- Close attention to detail with a commitment to design excellence
- Skilled in communicating, collaborating and creating under pressure
- Ability to turn ideas into world-class design with minimal direction
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, continuously changing environment
- Passion for web3 culture
Working at Matter Labs
At Matter Labs, you have the freedom to work how you want, when you want, and from where you want. All positions are 100% remote (with optional travel to team and/or industry events). We operate in lean and nimble teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. We move fast. Only results matter. We will provide you with everything you need to learn, grow, and be productive.
Our results-only environment means anyone who believes in our mission can join us, regardless of background, sexual orientation, race, gender, and age. Both our team and community are made up of people from diverse backgrounds. That's why, out of politeness and respect, we refrain from opinions on politics, religion, or sex at the workplace.
We designed our culture around the tenants of freedom and ownership. This ethos will underpin our positive-sum community as we evolve toward full decentralization.
If this role resonates with you, apply now for prompt feedback.
Read more about working at Matter Labs here
Important: We are remote-first, operating in the timezones between UTC-5 (Latam and Atlantic Coast) to UTC+7 (South-East Asia).
To all recruitment agencies: Matter Labs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Matter Labs employees, or any other organisation location. Matter Labs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Read our full policy here
Please mention the word **EARNESTNESS** and tag RMzQuMjEwLjkzLjE2Mg== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMzQuMjEwLjkzLjE2Mg==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.