We strongly encourage applications from people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
If thereâs anything we can do to accommodate your specific situation, please let us know.
Most people come to Cleo to do work that matters. Every day, we empower people to build a life beyond their next paycheck, building a beloved AI that enables you to forge your own path toward financial well-being.
Backed by some of the most well-known investors in tech, weâve reached millions of people to support them throughout their financial lives, from their first paycheck to their first home and beyond. We're hitting headlines too. This year, Forbes named us as one of their Next Billion Dollar Startups, and we were crowned the 'Hottest Tech Scaleup' at the Europas.
Follow us on LinkedIn to keep up to date with new product features and insights from the team.
About the role
This role will lead our Cash Advance product. Cash Advance is a core part of the overall Cleo experience and our vision to help smash fees that our users have to pay and to set them on the road to better financial health. This product is the widest-used financial product at Cleo and has been successfully operating for years. Your job is to drive the Cash Advance product strategy forward, finding new applications and means to grow this product to support a wider breadth of our customersâ core needs.
Why smash fees?
Bank fees are the silent killer: theyâre designed to be confusing, hidden, and unfair. They punish people for unexpected expenses and can set people back on their journey to better financial health.
Cleoâs Cash Advance aims to cut these fees by ensuring people are not caught off guard by incoming bills and other expenses. We help people make payments on time, reduce credit utilization, and ultimately improve their overall financial health. We want our users to reach real-world goals and outcomes such as buying a car, renting an apartment, accessing lower-cost credit, and being free of debt.
What youâll be doing:
- Leading 2-3 squads focused on the Cash Advance product
- Owning the vision, long term strategy, product roadmap and OKRs for the Cash Advance product
- Understanding how Cleoâs Cash Advance product fits in the overall fintech industry landscape and adjusting our strategy accordingly
- Hiring, building, developing, and leading a high performing product management team
- Working closely with your partners in product, engineering, design, user research, and data to ensure Cleo is delivering to business and users needs now and in the future
- Consistently and proactively delivering impactful initiatives that deliver immense customer value and business results
- Working as part of our senior leadership team to contribute positively and help evolve our product culture and delivery
What we are looking for:
- Proven senior leadership experience across multiple product squads in a large and/or complex consumer product area
- Experience taking an existing consumer product and developing or expanding it to new users or markets successfully. Ideally in either a regulated and/or fintech environment (extra bonus points for working on a lending type product)
- Creativity. We're radically changing how people interact with and feel about their finances. This means thinking about problems in a different way and delivering impact across both the short and longer term
- A seasoned manager of high performing, senior and lead level product managers
- Experience partnering with and influencing exec stakeholders across tech, commercial and regulatory/compliance teams
- Energy and drive to ensure that your product is successful and has an impact. People would describe you as a force of nature who cares about their team
Why should I apply?
- You'll have ownership of an established and important product area but with scope to improve and create new, impactful opportunities for Cleo and our users
- Youâll be joining an open and collaborative team where youâll be heard and get to make a difference
- Youâll have the opportunity to more widely help shape the way Cleo builds products, our product practices and our product culture
- We are working in an exciting and evolving market at the intersection of consumer product, emerging AI tech and driving massive, real impact for users in the personal finance space
How long will the process take?
We aim to move as fast as possible. Usually 2-3 weeks is enough time for us all to get to know each other.
- Step 1: Video call with a member of our Talent Team to find out more about your experience and why you want to work at Cleo
- Step 2: Call with a senior leader in the cash advance product team
- Step 3: Live product case study interview with one of our Lead Product Managers and a senior XFN partner
- Step 4: Behavioural interview with peers from either compliance, data, engineering, or commercial teams
- Step 5:
- 45 minutes with our VP Tech
- 45 minutes with our Founder Barney
What do you get for all your hard work?
- A competitive compensation package (base + equity) This role is PM5 level. You can view our public progression framework and salary bandings here: https://cleo-ai.progressionapp.com/
- Work at one of the fastest-growing tech startups, backed by top VC firms like Sofina, Balderton & EQT Ventures.
- A clear progression plan. We want you to keep growing. That means trying new things, leading others, challenging the status quo and owning your impact. Always with our complete support.
- Flexibility: We treat you as humans first, employees second. Because we canât fight for the worldâs financial health, if weâre not healthy ourselves. This means all the usual perks but it also means flexibility. We take pride in being a flexible workplace that trusts our Cleople to deliver their best work, giving you the autonomy to structure your day around morning drop-offs to school or daily dog walks.
- Hybrid-first: Join our hybrid-first team, where we blend the best of both remote and in-office work. We expect our team members to be in our London office 1-2 times a week. On Thursdays, we buy you lunch but you can come to the office on whichever days work best for you!
- Other benefits;
- 25 days annual leave a year + public holidays (+ an additional day for every year you spend at Cleo)
- Check out our new benefits package here: https://web.meetcleo.com/blog/big-benefits-energy-the-latest-cleo-employee-benefits
- 6% employer-matched pension in the UK
- Company-wide performance reviews every 8 months e.g every 2 terms, in line with our termly cycles (Jan-April, May-Aug, Sept-Dec):
- Generous pay increases for high-performers and high-growth team members
- Equity top-ups for team members getting promoted
- Private Medical Insurance via Vitality, dental cover, and life assurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 4 years at Cleo
- Regular socials and activities, online and in-person
- We'll pay for your OpenAI subscription
- Online mental health support via Spill
- And many more!
UK App access: The Cleo app is no longer downloadable in the UK. Why? 99% of our users are based in the US â where financial health is often overlooked. Weâve decided to shift our focus to where we can provide the most value and make the greatest impact.
Please mention the word **DESIRABLE** and tag RMzQuMjE5LjE4LjQ0 when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMzQuMjE5LjE4LjQ0). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.