Reports to: Regional Director
Location: Chicago, IL South
Braeburn is dedicated to delivering solutions for people living with the serious consequences of opioid use disorder. At Braeburn, we challenge the status quo and champion transformation of the management of opioid use disorder (OUD) by partnering with the community to create a world where every person with OUD gets the best possible care and opportunity to reach their full potential. Our shared commitment to innovation on behalf of patients enables us to help people with OUD begin and sustain recovery.
At Braeburn, there are opportunities to contribute to our purpose every day. We value authenticity and strive to amplify all voices. Our culture empowers everyone to be successful and unleashes our full potential.
The Key Account Manager will help Braeburn accomplish its purpose by educating Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) about Braeburnâs products and related access resources. This role will help to ensure HCPs are fully informed about the clinical aspects of the product as well as how to obtain the product when making an independent treatment decision for their patients.
Specifically, the Key Account Manager will meet their overall sales objectives by delivering clinical product-related information and providing access related information, in line with Company policies, to appropriate HCPs. The role will require the ability to deliver sales objectives as well as effectively educate on product acquisition, related payer policy, and reimbursement information.
The skills required for a Key Account Manager are Accountability, Adaptability, Business Acumen/Planning, Judgement and Collaboration, Problem Solving, Account Management, Sense of Urgency, Decision Making, and Integrity. Individual must possess experience within a complex distribution model including Specialty Pharmacy, Buy & Bill and direct distribution.
The Key Account Manager must conduct all work activities in accordance with Braeburn policies and code of conduct.
- Achieve planned Braeburn goals, and patient access to product objectives and other expected performance measures for assigned geography
- Demonstrate mastery of sales competencies:
- Business Acumen â Review, analyze and interpret reports / facts and data to plan and execute territory activities that ensure quarterly and annual objectives are met. Develop a deep understanding of assigned territory, including delivery of care, major payers and regulatory environment. Understand industry trends and emerging competition as well as reimbursement patterns and potential implications to patient delivery. Understand state law and policies to execute tactics within a local geography
- Scientific Knowledge â Mastery of disease state and product information communicated in a compliant manner consistent with the FDA-approved product labeling and REMS program
- Customer Engagement â Engage with account personnel to prepare for sales call, uncover needs and opportunities, communicate approved solutions, address customer concerns, gain advance/commitment, post call analysis/next steps
- Using internally approved materials, provide information to help inform physicians and office personnel about access related information for Braeburnâs products
- Effectively manage and support accounts, which includes ensuring product access and resolving/triage reimbursement issues in a manner that complies with Braeburn policies, processes, and procedures to optimize customer and patient experience
- Collaborate effectively with all Braeburn cross-functional partners
- Develop ongoing dialogue with customers to effectively anticipate and adapt to customersâ needs, as well as evolving market challenges and opportunities
- Exercise sound judgment, and ensure integrity and compliance with all Braeburn policies and Braeburn Code of Conduct
- Exercise fiscal control of operational expenses
- Drive for results/strong sense of accountability and ownership
- Strong work ethic and commitment to excellence
- Ability to build strong relationships and effectively inform HCPs about Braeburnâs products
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to solve problems
- Proven expertise in informing healthcare provider offices surrounding coding, billing, and submissions in range of payer environments
- Strong Emotional Intelligence
- Documented team-oriented collaboration skills
- Strong ethical behavior and commitment to compliance
- Demonstrated passion and empathy for improving Addiction/Mental Health patient care
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, accountable start-up environment
- Bachelorâs degree (BS/BA) required. Advanced business degree a plus
- 7+ years of pharmaceutical experience with at least 3 years of sales and/or field market access experience in biotech/specialty pharmaceutical/device industries
- Proven sales or field market access performance as evidenced by market performance reports and recognition awards in Specialty Pharmacy markets
- In-depth understanding of reimbursement/insurance coverage for physician-administered treatments
- Proven product launch experience in a highly complicated and competitive environment
- Experience selling specialty products, in-particular physician-administered products such as implantable or injectable medication technologies in a healthcare setting
- Ability to work autonomously to find new business opportunities
- Valid driverâs license and in good standing
- Experience in a start-up environment a plus
- Willingness to travel both regionally and nationally. Some territories may require overnight travel up to 50-70%.
Braeburn is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity for all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, military/veteran status, age, disability, or any other category/characteristic protected by law (collectively, "Protected Categories"). In fact, we encourage all underrepresented backgrounds to apply for any open job positions with the company.
Please mention the word **EASED** and tag RMzQuMTUwLjIyMy4yOA== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMzQuMTUwLjIyMy4yOA==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.