As humans, there are few things more exciting than meeting someone new. At Tinder, weâre inspired by the challenge of keeping the magic of human connection alive. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2+ billion swipes per day, 20+ million matches per day, and a presence in 190+ countries, our reach is expansiveâand rapidly growing.
We work together to solve complex problems. Behind the simplicity of every match, we think deeply about human relationships, behavioral science, network economics, AI and ML, online and real-world safety, cultural nuances, loneliness, love, sex, and more.
We're seeking a Lead People Business Partner to join our People team. The ideal candidate should be a top-tier HR professional who's ambitious, has excellent judgment, and is eager to get things done. If youâre passionate about employee experience and thrive in a vibrant environment, this is the ideal role for you!
This is a hybrid role and requires in-office collaboration three days per week. This position can be located in Palo Alto, CA or San Francisco, CA.
In this role, you will:
- Serve as a mentor to the People Business Partner team to support leaders and employees within the organization.
- Drive change management efforts, ensuring employee and stakeholder impact are at the forefront of decisions and that changes are executed based on company values.
- Be a key resource for employees, providing support and direction about employment issues, benefits, leaves, and company policies.
- Build trust based relationships with people leaders, understand their business needs, and partner with them on people decisions.
- In support of Tinderâs Talent Management philosophies, train and coach managers through the performance review process, including how to have effective feedback conversations, facilitating career development discussions and creating a culture of real time feedback.
- Able to analyze compensation information and keep apprised of market trends in order to partner with business leaders and Match Group through annual compensation processes and provide guidance to managers.
- Provide day-to-day mentorship and coaching to develop leaders at all levels throughout the organization; maintain a high bar for what we value, leadership principles, and overall workplace behavior.
- Support the launch and ongoing delivery of performance management programs.
- Facilitate the off-boarding process and conduct exit interviews.
- Partner with our Talent Acquisition team and department leaders to drive organizational planning and design initiatives to identify long-term team personnel resourcing needs.
- Support and partner with recruiters to provide a quality experience to candidates throughout the recruitment process, including compensation recommendations commensurate with the market.
- Coordinate with our Talent Management/Learning & Development team to review People Survey results and support leaders in the development, implementation, and communication of strategic action plans that measurably improve engagement and retention.
- Counsel and coach leaders on matters concerning employee relations.
- Partner with Match Group Benefits team and people leaders to provide support to employees throughout their entire benefits journey, including leaves of absence and accommodation requests.
- Partner with DE&I teams on driving local programs and initiatives aimed at improving inclusion and representation.
- Partner with the Match Group Immigration team to provide people leaders and employees support for all immigration processes.
- Keep apprised of federal, state and local employment laws and regulations in order to ensure company compliance; including recommendations for FLSA compliance.
- 7+ years of HR experience at a tech start-up or rapidly scaling company, with experience providing strategic business partnering to Sr. leaders
- 3+ years as a people leader/mentor
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent years of experience (e.g. Business, Human resources, Psychology, Sociology, Organizational Development, Strategic Management, etc.)
- Experience with core HR domains, including performance management, organizational design, talent management, compensation, employee relations and compliance
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality with employee information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an emphasis on customer service
- Strong collaboration and stakeholder management skills
- Track record of establishing effective working relationships and comfortable working with remote teams
- Highly experienced with Google Suite and high level proficiency in MS Office Suite; familiarity with various HR systems (Workday, Lever, etc.)
Nice to have:
- Experience directly supporting software development teams
- High EQ and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with 9-box talent calibration assessments
- Prior experience with investigative processes
- Interest and experience working in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
As a full time employee, you'll enjoy:
- Unlimited PTO (with no waiting period), 10 annual Wellness Days
- Time off to volunteer and charitable donations matched up to $15,000 annually
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental coverage
- 100% 401(k) employer match up to 10%, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- 100% paid parental leave (including for non-birthing parents), family forming benefits, and Milk Stork, which provides access to breast milk shipping for business travel, surrogacy, and employee relocation
- Investment in your development: mentorship through our MentorMatch program, access to 6,000+ online courses through Udemy, and an annual $3,000 stipend for your professional development
- Investment in your wellness: access to mental health support via Modern Health, BetterHelp, and Insight Timer; paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance, fitness membership subsidy, and commuter subsidy
- Free subscription to Tinder Gold
$150,000 - $180,000 a year
Factors such as scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/training, job-related skills, internal peer equity, as well as market and business considerations may influence base pay offered. This salary range is reflective of a position based in the Bay Area. . This salary will be subject to a geographic adjustment (according to a specific city and state), if an authorization is granted to work outside of the location listed in this posting.
Commitment to Inclusion
At Tinder, we donât just accept difference, we celebrate it. We strive to build a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of our members around the world, and we value unique perspectives and backgrounds. Even if you donât meet all the listed qualifications, we invite you to apply and show us how your skills could transfer. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome people of all sexes, gender identities, races, ethnicities, disabilities, and other lived experiences. Learn more here: https://www.lifeattinder.com/dei
Please mention the word **IRRESISTIBLE** and tag RMTA3LjE4MC4xMDkuMTY= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE4MC4xMDkuMTY=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.