What youâll do
- Structural and Process Planning: Design and implement concepts for inbound and outbound logistics structures such as a truck center or a shipping yard. Develop, document, and maintain processes and guidelines for inbound logistics planning.
- Inbound Logistics Planning and Optimization: Develop logistics concepts for inbound materials from our suppliers worldwide. Optimize existing concepts to enhance our efficiency and sustainability. Follow up on the implementation of measures and asses their effectiveness.
- Logistics Cost Management: Calculate logistics costs based on supplier location and transportation rates. Analyze and optimize processes to minimize costs.
- Supplier Sourcing: Contribute in the processual and financial evaluation of possible suppliers for inbound material. Provide input to incorporate logistics requirements in tender processes. Analyze supplier quotes and calculate logistics costs for transportation.
- Performance Metrics and Reporting: Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) for inbound logistics processes. Create comprehensible reports and use them to derive optimization measures.
- Corresponding to your individual skills, you may be asked to perform appropriate tasks in logistics planning that are not explicitly included in this job posting.
Location & Travel Expectations: The responsibilities of this role require attendance at in-person meetings and events regularly. This role may be based out of a Scout Motors location in Columbia, SC. Applicants should expect that the role will require the ability to convene with Scout colleagues in person and travel to participate in events on behalf of the company.
What youâll bring
We expect all Scouts to have integrity, curiosity, resourcefulness, and strive to exhibit a positive attitude, as well as a growth mindset. Youâll be comfortable with change and flexible in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. Youâll take a collaborative approach to achieve ambitious goals.
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in business administration, supply chain management, logistics or related fields
- 3+ years of proven professional experience in production and logistics planning, with a focus on inbound logistics
- Profound professional experience in logistics cost calculation, inbound process planning, and structural planning is a plus
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with internal teams
- Ability to independently work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Creative, collaborative and open mindset and drive to think out of the box
What you'll gain
The benefits of joining Scout include the chance to build products and a company from the ground up. This is a chance to create something new and lasting â with an iconic brand at its foundation. In addition, Scout provides competitive compensation and benefits to support your physical, mental, and financial wellbeing. Program specifics are detailed in company policies and employee benefit guides, select highlights:
- Competitive insurance including:
- Medical, dental, vision and income protection plans
- 401(k) program with:
- An employer match and immediate vesting
- Generous Paid Time Off including:
- 20 days planned PTO, as accrued
- 40 hours of unplanned PTO and 14 company or floating holidays, annually
- Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave for biological and adoptive parents of all genders
- Paid leave for circumstances related to bereavement, jury duty, voting time, or military leave
- Corporate Vehicle Program with:
- Eligibility to lease up to 2 vehicles at competitive rates
This is a full-time, exempt position eligible to receive a base salary and to participate in an annual performance bonus program. Final salary offered will be determined based on factors including but not limited to the candidate's skills and experience. The annual performance bonus program is preset and not candidate dependent.
Initial base salary range = $90,000 - $100,000
Internal leveling code: IC9
Notice to applicants:
- Residing in San Francisco: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Scout Motors will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Residing in Los Angeles: Scout Motors will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
- Residing in New York City: This role is not eligible for remote work in New York City.
Please mention the word **EFFICIENT** and tag RMTUxLjgwLjE0My4yMDY= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTUxLjgwLjE0My4yMDY=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.