What youâll do
Become part of an iconic brand that is set to revolutionize the all-electric pick-up truck & rugged SUV marketplace.
You will be by Scout motors Inc. responsible for the Pre-Series Logistics and Pre-Series Warehouse by achieving the following:
- Build and manage the pre-Series Logistics Team and pre-series Warehouse, responsible for managing the entire logistic operations and parts disposition for pre-series production on site,
- Ensure Suppliers readiness through transparent definition and monitoring of implementation dates for new parts and parts technical changes in pre-series and series production
- Responsible for the overall parts availability statement in order to ensure the pre-series vehicle production together with the interface partners (pre-series center/ Pilot Hall, Production, Purchasing, Quality)
- Coordinate the parts technical approval committee (TPPA) to ensure technical approvals for all customer-relevant parts changes and new projects before production. Detection of deviations and control of countermeasures
- Ensure the operation of logistical equipment including the organization and implementation of emergency concepts, maintenance concepts, reparation concepts etc. in pre-series warehouse
- Ensure safety of operations under own responsibility, also taking into account ecological aspects
- Execution and implementation of the problem solving process to ensure no production stop due to logistical failures
- Responsibility for qualification planning and implementation of own personnel (white collars and blue collars)
- Ensure the recruiting and qualification of own and outsourced personnel based on ramp up plan
- Support own process control through planning and implementing KPIs with clear responsibility distribution, coordinate problem solving activity in case of deviance from the defined targets
- Analyze and authorize the department budget, assure its fulfillment and develop countermeasures to compensate deviation observed by optimizing or reassigning technical and human resources.
Location & Travel Expectations: The responsibilities of this role require daily attendance at in-person meetings and events. The role will be based out of a Scout Motors location in Columbia, South Carolina. Applicants should expect that the role may require the ability to convene with Scout colleagues in person and be able to travel to participate in events on behalf of the company from time to time.
What youâll bring
We expect all Scouts to have integrity, curiosity, resourcefulness, and strive to exhibit a positive attitude, as well as a growth mindset. Youâll be comfortable with change and flexible in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. Youâll take a collaborative approach to achieve ambitious goals. Hereâs what else youâll bring:
- 7+ years of professional experience in automotive production and logistics,
- 5+ years of progressive experience building and managing teams,
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in mechanical, electrical engineering, or related fields
- Strong understanding of Production environment and affinity to work with complex IT-Systems
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Extensive experience in managing operational teams and external logistic providers
- Detailed Knowledge and extensive Experience in Quality Management Systems (ISO, VDA, etc â¦) and related process requirements
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects
What you'll gain
The benefits of joining Scout include the chance to build products and a company from the ground up. This is a chance to create something new and lasting â with an iconic brand at its foundation. In addition, Scout provides competitive compensation and benefits to support your physical, mental, and financial wellbeing. Program specifics are detailed in company policies and employee benefit guides, select highlights:
- Competitive insurance including:
- Medical, dental, vision and income protection plans
- 401(k) program with:
- An employer match and immediate vesting
- Generous Paid Time Off including:
- 20 days planned PTO, as accrued
- 40 hours of unplanned PTO and 14 company or floating holidays, annually
- Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave for biological and adoptive parents of all genders
- Paid leave for circumstances related to bereavement, jury duty, voting time, or military leave
- Corporate Vehicle Program with:
- Eligibility for 1 assigned vehicle and to lease 1 vehicle at competitive rates
- A mobility stipend
This is a full-time, exempt position eligible to receive a base salary and to participate in an annual performance bonus program. Final salary offered will be determined based on factors including but not limited to the candidate's skills and experience. The annual performance bonus program is preset and not candidate dependent.
Initial base salary range = $130,000 - $160,000
Internal leveling code: M8
Notice to applicants:
- Residing in San Francisco: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Scout Motors will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Residing in Los Angeles: Scout Motors will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
- Residing in New York City: This role is not eligible for remote work in New York City.
Please mention the word **SHARPER** and tag RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzIuMTcy when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzIuMTcy). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.