Reports to: Director, Field Medical Affairs
Territory: Southeast (VA to FL)
Braeburn is dedicated to delivering solutions for people living with the serious consequences of opioid use disorder. At Braeburn, we challenge the status quo and champion transformation of the management of opioid use disorder (OUD) by partnering with the community to create a world where every person with OUD gets the best possible care and opportunity to reach their full potential. Our shared commitment to innovation on behalf of patients enables us to help people with OUD begin and sustain recovery.
At Braeburn, there are opportunities to contribute to our purpose every day. We value authenticity and strive to amplify all voices. Our culture empowers everyone to be successful and unleashes our full potential.
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a field-based scientific professional who serves as an extension of the Medical Affairs organization. The MSL works throughout a product's lifecycle, helping to ensure that company products are utilized safely and effectively, serves as a scientific resource within the medical community, establishes and maintains peer-to-peer relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) at major academic institutions and clinics and is a scientific expert to internal colleagues at the company.
MSLs provide medical information and education through balanced scientific exchange and provide clinical and scientific support for Braeburn and the Medical Affairs department at the direction of Medical Affairs management.
- Provide disease state awareness, product information and pharmacoeconomic analyses as presentations or other forms of scientific exchange to managed care organizations, payers, and other formulary decision makers per unsolicited requests
- Maintain comprehensive, up-to-date scientific expertise of disease state, clinical information, product data, and the competitor landscape within the relevant therapeutic area(s)
- Identify and develop peer-to-peer relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) by engaging in ongoing and balanced scientific exchanges in disease areas of strategic importance to Braeburn
- Present scientific product-related data and disease awareness information in the hospital, institutional, and academic settings
- Serve as liaison between healthcare professionals and Braeburn for unsolicited Investigator-Sponsored Research (ISRs) after inception by the investigator, approval for support by the company, and completion of the trial, with publication of the data
- Address unsolicited requests for medical information from healthcare professionals via written and verbal responses, with appropriate documentation
- Support Company sponsored trials and other research initiatives including clinical trial site recruitment as needed
- Support external healthcare professional Speaker Training and provide Advisory Board support as needed
- Present information for initial and ongoing training of internal and external partners pertaining to disease state, product and competitive landscape
- Provide medical booth and session coverage at scientific/medical meetings
- Align day-to-day activities with Medical Affairs strategic objectives, with flexibility depending upon evolving business needs
- Proactively and collegially interact with other field-based and internal colleagues; provide information to internal colleagues regarding regional and local issues that impact business and/or healthcare practice
- Always comply with company and compliance policies, and internal and external guidelines
- Support internal Medical Affairs projects as requested
- Relationship building skills with top tier medical experts
- Possesses business and scientific acumen demonstrated by communication of complex scientific and clinical information to colleagues, academicians, and healthcare decision makers
- Understanding of the managed care arena and the application of pharmaco-economic principles is desirable
- Teamwork, leadership, timely decision making and results orientation skills in meeting business objectives
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, team, written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong work ethic and commitment to excellence
- Ability to thrive in a virtual environment
- Candidate must hold a valid driverâs license and be able to travel up to 60â70%
- The qualified candidate will have an advanced degree in a health-sciences related field such as a PharmD, MD, DO, PhD
- 5+ previous MSL or relevant pharmaceutical industry experience preferred
- Experience in addiction medicine preferred
Braeburn is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity for all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, military/veteran status, age, disability, or any other category/characteristic protected by law (collectively, "Protected Categories"). In fact, we encourage all underrepresented backgrounds to apply for any open job positions with the company.
Please mention the word **WHOLEHEARTEDLY** and tag RMjYwNDplZDQwOjEwMDA6MTcxMTo3YzM1OmViZmY6ZmVmNTo0OTE5 when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMjYwNDplZDQwOjEwMDA6MTcxMTo3YzM1OmViZmY6ZmVmNTo0OTE5). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.