About the Working Families Party
The Working Families Party (WFP) is the progressive party for the multiracial working class, fighting for a nation that works for the many, not the few. We recruit, train, and support transformational candidates up and down the ballot â and run them to win.
We believe that no matter where we come from or what our color, most of us want the same things. We want to earn enough to thrive, not just survive, and leave a better future for our kids. We want healthy food and clean water, safe neighborhoods and a safe world. We want to be free.
The Working Families Party is regular people coming together across our differences to make a better future for us all. Weâre a multiracial party that fights for workers over bosses and people over the powerful. We want an America which realizes the promise â unrealized in our history â of freedom and equality for all.
The National Campaign Services Director is responsible for leading the campaign services program to support Working Families Party endorsed candidates across all regions. The campaign services program vends a variety of organizing, digital, and other services to endorsed WFP candidates and wraparound support to make sure campaigns are equipped to run successful campaigns. The program supports change-making candidates and their teams by stacking campaigns with the digital, organizing, fundraising and data tools (and the training, advice and support) they need to win. The Campaign Services Director will oversee the program and direction of campaign services programs nationally. They will be responsible for continuing development of WFPâs set of tool offerings and the systems and structure for state and regional staff to implement campaign services programs successfully in their own geography. This person will also serve as the campaign services manager for high priority federal, state and down ballot candidates. This role will interface directly with candidates and their staff, support and collaborate with campaign service leads in WFP regions, as well as the Organizing & Tech Team and Data Team in the OTI department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee Campaign Services Program
- Create and drive the overall campaign services strategic plan towards centralizing support systems, expanding WFPâs tool offerings and solidifying structure to support state and regional staff to implement campaign service programs successfully in their own geography.
- Hire, supervise and lead the campaign services team to support the campaign services strategic plan and goals, as needed and the program grows revenue.
- Track revenue of campaign services program and recommend changes to service offer pricing to meet revenue goals.
- Implement invoicing, contracts and receipt of payment with support of the Operations team for campaign services and be accountable to campaigns fulfilling contract payments.
- Works with Organizing & Tech, Data and the Operations teams to assess and develop new campaign services tools and processes, including compliance, billing, data integration etc.
- Improve and establish systems, processes, and protocol for a national campaign services program while modeling a framework for regionally-run campaign services.
- Collaborate with, train, and otherwise support local leads in regional campaign services operations.
- Seek opportunities to help volunteers from member organizations and campaigns view WFP as their political party.
Provide campaign services to high priority races
- Work with candidates, campaign managers, and other partners to assess unique field needs, and help plan solutions that make sense for each campaign and their budget.
- Present and connect candidates and campaign staff to WFP-vended field tools and other resources available to WFP-endorsed municipal, state, and federal candidates. Advise campaign staff on volunteer-led digital and organizing plans that take advantage of WFP-vended tools (eg. Scale to Win dialer, Spoke, etc.)
- Set up texting, phone banking, and other digital organizing solutions for campaigns, as appropriate, while ensuring the collection of clean data for the WFP warehouse with support from the Data Team as needed.
- Represent the WFP by being responsive, helpful and detail oriented when supporting campaigns in their work.
- Works independently with little management supervision to respond to candidates needs and solve problems for and with campaigns.
- Works to support our endorsed candidates by using the partyâs infrastructure, relationships and political resources to help ensure victory.
Skills and Qualifications
- 4 or more cycles of organizing or campaign experience, or equivalent experience (volunteering, work in other professions)
- Experience with key organizing tools used in electoral campaigns, preference for Scale to Win (P2P Texting and Predictive Dialers), Slack, Mobilize.us, VAN/EveryAction, Votivate, REACH/relational organizing apps
- Working knowledge of field, fundraising, volunteer recruitment, and basic data management within electoral campaigns
- Experience drafting campaign plans, such as organizing, fundraising, or other high level strategic campaign documents
- Strong relationship building skills, and an ability to work with candidates, staff, consultants, donors, and other key stakeholders, and a demonstrated ability to recruit allies into winning coalitions
- Excellent attention to detail, including the ability to stay on top of vendor contracts and billing
- Ability to manage multiple competing complicated projects and manage priorities
- Strong communications skills, including writing, speaking, and listening
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and follow through
- Commitment to progressive politics
- Management experience a plus
- Ability to work varied hours including nights, weekends and occasional holidays
- Ability to work under stressful conditions
- Must have access to strong wifi and good phone reception
What Else Should You Know
- Location: The position is full-time and remotely based anywhere in the United States. Some travel will be required. Preference for staff living in a state with a WFP chapter.
- Salary: The salary range for this position as currently posted is $70,000 to $110,000. The final salary will be determined based on an internal equitable scale that takes into consideration years of experience, geographic location, and the final job description relative to other current WFP staff. The final job description may be revised for candidates with additional skills and experience at the discretion of the Hiring Manager. Revisions to the job description may impact the final salary offer for this role.
- We also offer a robust benefit package for full time employees including paid time off; health, dental, vision, and life insurance; flexible spending accounts; retirement plan options; professional development funding; and remote work support.
- Union Affiliation: WFP is a unionized workplace. This is a managerial role ineligible to join WFP's staff bargaining unit. WFP's union employees are represented by the New York Metropolitan Area Joint Board, Workers United union.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Working Families is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to economic and social justice. Women, people of color, LGBTQ people, people with disabilities, and members of other historically disenfranchised populations are strongly encouraged to apply. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to apply for or perform the essential functions of the job should contact us at email@example.com with the subject line "Application Accommodation" to request such an accommodation.
Please mention the word **SELECTIVE** and tag RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzguNTQ= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzguNTQ=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.