What youâll do
Become part of an iconic brand that is set to revolutionize the all-electric pick-up truck & rugged SUV marketplace by achieving the following:
- Lead the design and implementation of Platform infrastructure and services supporting a wide variety of software engineering projects across the company.
- Work closely with software development and systems integration teams to build end-to-end solutions.
- Design and build infrastructure utilizing container orchestration such as EKS/K8S
- Help choose and selection managed cloud services that meet the needs of the platform engineering team to support software development goals
- Provide expert guidance in the design and implementation of software delivery lifecycle automation such as CICD, build, testing, and release
- Design and implement cloud infrastructure components, ensuring high availability, reliability, scalability, and performance.
- Lead teams in building innovative solutions and integrations with partner systems using best practices and modern design patterns with a cloud first approach
- Assist in building business specific microservices and applications in a wide range of languages, using existing frameworks and best practices.
Location & Travel Expectations: The responsibilities of this role require attendance at in-person meetings and events occasionally. We will consider remote applicants for this role. Applicants should expect that the role may require the need to convene with colleagues in person. Some travel to participate in events on behalf of the company may be required sometimes.
What youâll bring
We expect all Scouts to have integrity, curiosity, resourcefulness, and strive to exhibit a positive attitude, as well as a growth mindset. Youâll be comfortable with change and flexible in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. Youâll take a collaborative approach to achieve ambitious goals. Hereâs what else youâll bring:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 8 to 10 years of hands-on experience as a DevOps engineer, system architect, or software engineer with a focus on platform systems.
- Strong experience with containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Expertise in configuration management tools (e.g., Ansible, Chef, Puppet).
- Solid understanding of CI/CD concepts and tools (GitHub Actions, GitLab Pipelines, Harness.io, ArgoCD).
- Proficient in various cloud-based data solutions and their pros and cons such as: RDS, DynamoDB, Cassandra, MongoDB, CockroachDB, and others.
- Experience designing and maintaining highly reliable systems for disaster recovery across multiple regions including active/active approaches to systems
- Expert knowledge of cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills. When a problem occurs, you run towards it not away.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills. You treat colleagues with respect. You have a desire for clean implementations but are also humble in discussing alternative solutions and options
- A teaching and coaching approach to guiding engineers and teams in approaches.
What you'll gain
The benefits of joining Scout include the chance to build products and a company from the ground up. This is a chance to create something new and lasting â with an iconic brand at its foundation. In addition, Scout provides competitive compensation and benefits to support your physical, mental, and financial wellbeing. Program specifics are detailed in company policies and employee benefit guides, select highlights:
- Competitive insurance including:
- Medical, dental, vision and income protection plans
- 401(k) program with:
- An employer match and immediate vesting
- Generous Paid Time Off including:
- 20 days planned PTO, as accrued
- 40 hours of unplanned PTO and 14 company or floating holidays, annually
- Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave for biological and adoptive parents of all genders
- Paid leave for circumstances related to bereavement, jury duty, voting time, or military leave
- Corporate Vehicle Program with:
- Eligibility to lease up to 2 vehicles at competitive rates
This is a full-time, exempt position, eligible to receive a base salary and to participate in an annual performance bonus program. The salary range listed represents the maximum and minimum starting base pay for this position as of the time of posting. Final salary offered will be determined based on factors including but not limited to the candidate's skills and experience. The annual performance bonus program is preset and not candidate dependent.
Initial base salary range = $170,000 - $200,000
Internal leveling code: IC7
Notice to applicants:
- Residing in San Francisco: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Scout Motors will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Residing in Los Angeles: Scout Motors will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
- Residing in New York City: This role is not eligible for remote work in New York City.
Please mention the word **EASYGOING** and tag RNS4xODEuODEuNQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RNS4xODEuODEuNQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.