Who we are
Pulumi is realizing the vision of cloud engineering: building tools and services that enable every developer to program the cloud using the tools and practices they already know. We lead with an open source platform that embraces real programming languages, tools, and techniques, and offers an innovative SaaS product that helps teams collaborate. Cloud native leaders like Snowflake and CockroachDB as well as innovators like Mercedes-Benz R&D North America use Pulumi to make cloud infrastructure their competitive advantage.
Pulumi helps developers and infrastructure engineers tap into the vast world of cloud servicesâfrom AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud to Datadog, GitHub, Auth0, Rancher, and moreâand create production-grade, repeatable infrastructure.
Pulumi is headquartered in Seattle, WA. This role can be in Seattle or remote.
About the role and the team
Weâre looking for a highly technical Product Manager to define the future of our core Pulumi infrastructure-as-code product, including the Pulumi SDK, CLI, and the Automation API.
In this role, youâll combine a broad knowledge of cloud and developer technologies with a deep understanding of our developer and ops customers. Youâll combine that customer understanding with your own past experience building apps or creating infrastructure to be the voice of the customer when working with engineering. Youâll define, prioritize, and ship features that delight our users and deliver on the vision of cloud engineering. And, youâll be working with a diverse and globally distributed team along the way.
- Partner with the CEO and CTO to define the product vision for the Pulumi infrastructure-as-code product and manage the roadmap for delivering on that vision
- Work closely with one or more engineering managers to deliver steady progress on your roadmap while balancing engineering and tech debt investments
- Build a deep understanding of Pulumiâs customers to understand how they do cloud engineering and what their unmet needs are
- Collaborate with UX design and engineering to create, specify, and deliver innovative and impactful solutions to our customersâ needs
- Own features from idea to successful adoption, working with marketing, customer success, sales, and our community to ensure that features arenât just built, but also used and loved by our customers
- Turn plentiful data into insights that inform our decision making
- Define the right input and output metrics to measure the success of features we build and create a feedback loop from these metrics back into your product vision and roadmap
To be successful in this role
- You have 8+ years of engineering, product management, program management, or equivalent experience
- Youâve used and are deeply familiar with modern cloud software development practices like containers, Kubernetes, and serverless
- You have strong technical abilities and a track record of delighting customers with elegant solutions to complex and ambiguous technical problems
- You have built and actively participated in inclusive team environments
- You clearly communicate both verbally and in writing
Nice to have
- You have previous work experience delivering software or creating and managing infrastructure
- You have demonstrated experience working with disciplines like Sales, Marketing, and Support
- You have experience contributing to open source projects or managing an open-source community
- You have experience creating developer tools or working closely with DevOps teams
- You have experience entering a new area, immersing yourself in data and details, and building a strong understanding and point of view
- Base Salary Hiring Range: $180,500 to $227,850
- All full time employee offers at Pulumi include base salary, bonus or variable, equity and benefits (details below).
Please mention the word **COZY** and tag RNDcuMjE5Ljk5LjMz when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RNDcuMjE5Ljk5LjMz). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.