We're seeking an exceptional Product Marketer who will play a key role in shaping the narrative around our suite of tools designed for the modern creator. In this dynamic role, you'll tackle the unique challenge of balancing the positioning and messaging for individual features while maintaining a cohesive and compelling story for ConvertKit as a whole.
Your mission is to dive deep into the diverse world of digital content creators, understanding their unique needs across various disciplines. Armed with these insights, you'll refine ConvertKit's positioning and messaging to articulate the distinct value of each feature, ensuring it resonates with a broad spectrum of creators â from artists and bloggers to educators and entrepreneurs.
In this role, youâll leverage your strategic insights and creative skills to enhance product appeal and reinforce the overarching ConvertKit brand. It's about weaving together the narratives of our multiple products into a single, powerful story that speaks to the heart of the creative process. Join us and play a pivotal role in a team thatâs committed to empowering creators with tools that transform their passion into livelihood.
- Gather competitive analysis and industry insights to educate internal stakeholders and help inform product strategy, roadmap, pricing, and packaging.
- Lead win/loss user research efforts and act as the voice of the creators we serve.
Positioning, messaging, and narrative design
- Help refine our target personas and identify product use cases that enable creators to grow their audience, connect with their fans, and earn a living online.
- Iteratively improve our positioning and messaging so that it clearly communicates our productâs value.
- Help us define a new market category for the creator space and collaboratively shape a narrative that clearly communicates the value of our offerings.
Planning and execution
- Leverage and improve our go-to-market playbook and regularly lead the execution of product launches, ongoing feature releases, and new partnerships.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, including Product, Marketing, Sales, and Support teams, to identify and support their unique needs.
- Create customer-facing material, including web copy, videos, emails, case studies, blog posts, FAQs, tutorials, etc.
- Measure product marketing performance through key metrics such as revenue growth, conversion rates, retention, and feature adoption.
- Use large data sets to create high-confidence forecasts and growth plans to achieve company goals.
The right candidate has
- Multiple years of in-house experience in product marketing for SaaS, B2C tech companies
- Proven understanding of segmentation strategies, developing buyer personas, articulating customer pain points, and crafting client-facing messaging
- Exceptional visual, written, spoken communication, and presentation skills
- Proven Product-Led Growth (PLG) marketing experience with strong research and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player, confidently collaborate with senior executives, and build consensus among multiple stakeholders and teams
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced, and flexible environment with a high degree of autonomy
- An operator mindset, with an understanding for the most important metrics and how to produce measurable results
- Self-organized and communicative, capable of working effectively in a 100% remote work environment
- Have enthusiasm and belief in our mission, vision, and values
Compensation + Perk + Benefits
ConvertKit has standardized salaries based on position, no matter where you live. Roles on the Marketing team have five levels. For this role, weâre hiring at a level 3 ($125,000) or level 4 ($150,000). Level is determined based on experience and our interview process.
Other benefits include
- Profit Sharing
- ConvertKit equity
- 401k with a 5% match
- Monthly medical benefits up to $1,850 a month toward premiums. Dental and vision premiums covered 100%
- $4,000 equipment allowance for your first two years, $3,000 budget every following two years
- Individual learning + development budget ($3,500/year)
- Gender affirming benefits
- Childcare benefit up to $3,000 annually
- Twenty (20) days of paid time off during each year of employment
- Paid paid vacation: An after-tax bonus of $1,000 for taking five consecutive days of vacation where youâre fully unplugged from work
- Ten (10) paid holidays a year
- Two weeks of paid sick time each year, including mental health + well being days
- Twelve (12) weeks paid parental leave and flexible scheduling in your childâs first year
- Up to six weeks of paid bereavement leave, medical leave, and disaster after six months of employment, two weeks of each paid leave in your first six months
- Winter Break Closure: ConvertKit closes for a week at the end of December, giving everyone a collective break to enjoy the holiday season. Essential support services remain available, with teams coordinating to ensure coverage during this period
- Four-week, paid sabbatical after five years with the team
How to Apply
We know that most interviewing is tough. We aim to make it as good of an experience as we can, and part of that includes keeping you informed during the process.
We usually receive a large number of applications, but hope to get through them within two weeks of the post date for the role. Donât worry, youâll hear from us either way.
Hereâs what you can expect from our hiring process:
- A phone screen with someone from the hiring team
- Hiring manager conversation
- Homework/take-home assignment
- A technical interview to discuss the homework assignment and your technical knowledge
- A culture contribution interview
- Wrap-up chat with the hiring manager
To get started, complete this application, including answers to the questions on the next page. We read every single application, and your responses to our application questions help put your experience into context. Weâll keep you informed through every step.