Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Computer technology has had limited impact in healthcare. With recent advancements in AI, thatâs about to fundamentally change. Tempus is a healthcare company at the forefront of that change.
Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians. Our data empowers researchers to better characterize and understand disease, and to drive better outcomes through precise, individualized care.
Tempus utilizes this data to support the Life Sciences Industry with clinical trial solutions that help identify actionable clinical trial options for cancer patients. Tempus identifies relevant, open, and recruiting clinical trials personalized to each patientâs molecular and clinical context with its proprietary trial matching software. To increase trial access, Tempus works to bring studies to patients through the TIME Trialâ¢ Network, a just-in-time network of providers in the community that can rapidly activate and enroll patients into trials closer to home.
We are looking for a Senior Director of Business Development to join our rapidly growing Clinical Trial Solutions team within our Trials Business Unit. This role is responsible for cultivating and growing Tempus partnerships with pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients to support them in advancing their research through Tempusâ clinical trial offerings. The Business Development professional works cross-functionally with Key Account Directors, Business Development counterparts across the Tempus product offerings as well as other internal Tempus stakeholders.
- Meet/exceed revenue goals for TIME product line while delivering on established strategic objectives for specific client accounts
- Determine where Tempus clinical trial offerings are best positioned to support clientsâ R&D objectives; negotiate with accounts to drive projects forward
- Collaborate cross functionally with Key Account Director to source leads, map stakeholders, and conduct outreach to surface relevant client interests and opportunities
- Work closely with Key Account Director and Account Team (Business Development, Alliance Management, Operations) to ensure communication/coordination when projects span client stakeholder groups and/or Tempusâ portfolio
- Assist with pull-through of contracts for assigned client accounts
- Build relationships with R&D and commercial executives at partner organizations, enabling identification, development of and support for additional value-creation opportunities
- Develop unique approaches to solving a customerâs known challenges
- Employ a nuanced enterprise sales approach to understand influencers, approvers and decision makers across the clientâs business continuum and influence them to act quickly
- Collaborate with Industry Partnerships and Operations Teams to manage existing business and identify new opportunities for account growth
- Track progress against defined strategic objectives and revenue goals; review progress/setbacks frequently with broader Account Team and Tempus Leadership
- Contribute to the development of the Life Sciences portfolio by providing feedback to Leadership regarding client responses and suggestions; maintain a solution-oriented mindset
- Stay informed on pharmaceutical industry, regulatory environment, emerging policy developments and client priorities
- Travel approximately 40% of working time, domestically and internationally
- Other duties as assigned
- Solid understanding of the principles of clinical development and trial recruitment
- Strong knowledge of the drug development process and stages
- Strong understanding of clinical site operations and how care is delivered by providers
- Entrepreneurial sales approach; thrives most in a high growth, rapidly evolving business environment
- Proactive mindset that bridges ideas to implementable solutions, and can help move both internal and external stakeholders to quickly solve problems
- Deep relationships with pharmaceutical stakeholders
- Proven ability to navigate multi-faceted client organizations with repeated success
- Ability to set strategies/tactics that are aggressive, but realizable
- Wins followers with a positive and energetic approach to work and life; gains energy from solving difficult problems
- Exceptional account management, articulation of issues and an ability to navigate a wide range of stakeholders to solve problems
- Interest in oncology and cancer genomics
- Minimum 7+ years in Business Development and Sales in the Life Sciences (Pharma/Biotech) sector, including CROs or other service provides, with focus on clinical trial operations, patient recruitment or site selection
- Bachelor degree in a Science or Business discipline; Advanced degree (MBA, PhD or Healthcare certification) desired
Please mention the word **MIRACULOUSNESS** and tag RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzguNTQ= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzguNTQ=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.