Who We Are and What We Do
Rail is set to dominate short and medium haul travel around the world. Itâs faster, greener and more convenient than air travel, and it cuts down on the carbon emitting congestion of road travel. With the ongoing climate crisis itâs more important than ever to put this mode of transport at the forefront of people's minds. The trouble is, thereâs been nothing modern about railâs online customer experienceâ¦ until now!
We are SilverRail, a global tech company delivering the digital infrastructure that opens up rail to the world. Our technology is powering rail and travel agencies across the globe, making it easy for people to choose rail and cut their carbon emissions.
We have been around for more than 12 years, with our teams now based globally from our bases in London, Boston, Brisbane and Stockholm. We believe in âfail-fast-fail-earlyâ to find innovative solutions to complex problems, and our agility and refreshingly novel approaches mean we have already developed into a force to be reckoned with.
But we have ambitions for so much more. With a raft of new clients joining us, and with our growth about to enter its prime, we aim to become the biggest player in the rail tech space.
As the Sr Director of Global Infrastructure, your leadership will be instrumental in shaping and optimizing our global DevOps landscape. Focused on Cloud native (AWS) and DevOps practices, infrastructure architecture, and software transformations, you will play a strategic role in driving innovation and efficiency across our four locations: the UK, Sweden, Australia and the US. This position requires a seasoned professional with a deep understanding of DevSecOps principles and a proven track record in leading transformative initiatives on a global scale.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive global infrastructure strategy aligned with business objectives.
- Drive continuous improvement in DevSecOps practices, infrastructure architecture, and software transformations.
- Lead the DevSecOps transformation, fostering a culture of collaboration and automation across development and operations teams.
- Lead the implementation and optimization of CI/CD pipelines in a consistent manner across all our teams.
- Oversee global infrastructure operations, ensuring the availability, scalability, security and reliability of critical systems.
- Collaborate with regional teams to establish and enforce standard operating procedures for infrastructure management.
- Drive software transformation initiatives, collaborating with development teams to implement modern software development practices.
- Champion the adoption of containerization, microservices architecture, and cloud-native technologies.
- Develop and manage budgets for global infrastructure initiatives, ensuring optimal resource allocation.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to align infrastructure investments with business priorities.
- Collaborate with security teams to ensure the implementation of robust security measures within the DevSecOps and infrastructure landscape.
- Ensure compliance with industry regulations and standards.
- Evaluate and manage relationships with technology vendors and service providers.
- Negotiate contracts and agreements to optimize cost and service levels.
Required Competence and Skills
- Bachelorâs or Masterâs degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Extensive experience in a leadership role overseeing global infrastructure and DevOps functions.
- Track record of leading state of the art, cloud native infrastructure platforms and transformations.
- Strong understanding of DevSecOps principles and practices, CI/CD pipelines, and automation.
- Experience in managing DevSecOps functions on a global scale.
- Strong financial acumen with the ability to manage budgets effectively.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Expertise with cloud-native technologies (AWS) and container orchestration platforms (Kubernetes); AWS Solution Architect certification is a plus.
- We have an average Glassdoor grade of 4.7 and 100% recommendation rates.
- We are a globally accredited Great Place To Work: https://www.greatplacetowork.co.uk/workplace/item/6789/SilverRail+Technologies&time=1683041411341#career
- We are an accredited flexible company and were named in Flexaâs Top 50 Most Flexible Companies: https://flexa.careers/companies/silverrail
- We utilise a hybrid working model, providing equipment for home working alongside one or two monthly visits to our beautiful central London office.
- We offer a highly competitive benefits package including private healthcare and Perkbox rewards, as well as stock options that give you the chance to buy into SilverRailâs future.
- We provide a wealth of career development opportunities with training that is individual, focused on improving your skills and helping you become the best professional you can be.
- Our teamâs health and wellness is genuinely important to us, so we offer a number of wellbeing seminars and membership to the #1 leading meditation app.
- We are the fourth company in the world to become reproductively responsible, accredited by Hertility providing educational workshops around womenâs health, family planning and fertility as well as progressive leave policies & hormone testing
- A unique opportunity to work for a tech company that is helping the environment by revolutionising the way we travel.
Our values are simple: Do Good by working for a better tomorrow; Think Big Act Smart by being curious, adaptable and data-driven; and remember that through collaboration we will always be Stronger Together.
*We are a neurodiverse employer and are working hard to improve our recruitment processes, so if there is any way that we can make the recruitment experience better for you then please let us know in your application - all information will be treated as strictly confidential*
Please mention the word **MAGIC** and tag RMzQuMjE5LjE4LjQ0 when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMzQuMjE5LjE4LjQ0). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.