Who We Are:
SmithRx is a rapidly growing, venture-backed Health-Tech company. Our mission is to disrupt the expensive and inefficient Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) sector by building a next-generation drug acquisition platform driven by cutting edge technology, innovative cost saving tools, and best-in-class customer service. With hundreds of thousands of members onboarded since 2016, SmithRx has a solution that is resonating with clients all across the country.
We pride ourselves for our mission-driven and collaborative culture that inspires our employees to do their best work. We believe that the U.S healthcare system is in need of transformation, and we come to work each day dedicated to making that change a reality. At our core, we are guided by our company values:
- Integrity: Do the right thing. Especially when itâs hard.
- Courage: Embrace the challenge.
- Together: Build bridges and lift up your colleagues.
The Engineering team at SmithRx is developing the next-generation modern pharmacy benefits management (PBM) platform that will change how companies administer and manage pharmacy benefits. Our unified technology platform provides real-time actionable insights that drives cost savings, powers clinical services and results in a brilliant customer experience. A unified technology platform exists nowhere in the pharmacy benefit ecosystem to programmatically solve widespread deficiencies. SmithRx delivers unmatched service quality and operational efficiencies that exceed all industry standards.
As a Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer, you will play a key role in the entire software development lifecycle from FE and BE design, build, test and maintain our SmithRx web product suite. You will work with Product and other stakeholders (Business, UX, QA, etc) and bridge the gap between UI/UX design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works. You will advocate and bring best practices/methodologies, coding standards and large-scale web application perspectives to our team. We need our engineers to be versatile and driven, display leadership and ownership qualities, and be enthusiastic to take on new challenges as we continue to push technology forward.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with stakeholders and technical leads to understand functional and technical feasibility to produce high-quality, performant, decoupled, and scalable code
- Provide scope and risk estimates for system and feature builds by building technical design documentation
- Continually apply software development best practices, design patterns, tools and technologies
- Troubleshoot production issues by performing triages for issues that arise and performing root cause analysis to prevent future occurrence of issues.
- Leverage AWS technologies, like Lambda and Fargate, to handle various types of jobs and batch processing
- Coach/mentor junior team members in their assigned engineering projects by reviewing and providing feedback on code developed, and performing design and code reviews
- Be the cornerstone of a collaborative learning culture through knowledge sharing, mentorship, code reviews, and exploration of new frameworks and paradigms
What you will bring to SmithRx:
- BS or advanced degree in computer science
- 5+ years of software development experience working on client-side and server-side applications
- Proficiency with relational databases such as PostgreSQL, including schema design, SQL tuning, and database monitoring is required
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing scalable APIs; a solid understanding of design patterns, database design, and testing best practices.
- Proven experience in software design, implementing reusable components or libraries, and ability to work on features with little supervision
- Experience using Git in a professional environment
- Experience in writing automated tests using testing frameworks such as Cypress or Selenium
- Some industry experience with CI/CD pipeline, Docker, AWS platform, and Kubernetes
- Understanding of typical web application, SOA and distributed systems architecture
- Experience at a high-growth startup a plus
- Positivity; non-dogmatic, team-first attitude
- Flexibility; someone who is responsive and comfortable with ambiguity
- Highly disciplined approach to software design and development and ability to work on features independently (accurately forecast delivery milestones and work with stakeholders to ensure that expectations are met)
What SmithRx Offers You:
- Highly competitive wellness benefits including Medical, Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible Spending Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Program
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Discretionary Paid Time Off
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Wellness Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Parental Leave benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Well-stocked kitchen in office locations
- Professional development and training opportunities
Please mention the word **SPIRITED** and tag RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzcuMTg= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzcuMTg=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.