EigenLabs provides cryptoeconomic security as a service for blockchain projects. Our platform provides programmatic access to the trust layer of Ethereum to make components reusable, allowing builders to rely on Ethereum for security while saving time and resources typically allocated to bootstrapping their own token. EigenLabs technologies also create technical value & efficiency for validators in Ethereumâs proof-of-stake network by enabling them to "re-stake" their assets. Re-staking allows validators to secure multiple protocols and boost rewards by providing security services to oracle networks, data availability networks and dApps running on rollups or side-chains. Weâre on a mission to hyperscale ETH & dApps and increase decentralization through re-staking!
At EigenLabs, our engineering teams operate within a customer-aligned team structure, where we believe in shared responsibility for DevOps among all software engineers. As an Infrastructure Software Engineer, you will lead the design and implementation of critical infrastructure components while fostering a culture of collaboration and best practices adoption within your team, and across the company.
You will work closely with frontend and backend software engineers, leveraging your expertise to empower the entire team to collectively maintain, operate, and enhance infrastructure resources effectively. By championing leading practices, automation, and efficient workflows, you will ensure that our customer-aligned teams can deliver high-quality software solutions with speed, security, and reliability.
Your leadership in infrastructure design, implementation, and reliability engineering will directly contribute to EigenLabs' commitment to blockchain innovation and advancing economic freedom through technology. If youâre passionate about shaping the future of blockchain, and making a meaningful impact on the world, we look forward to hearing from you!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You will lead the design and implementation of foundational infrastructure components used by every engineering team in production. This includes dynamic configuration, DNS and networking setup, secrets management, container orchestration (e.g., Kubernetes, including platforms such as EKS).
- Demonstrate leadership by taking the initiative to address challenges and drive continuous improvement. Foster a culture of best practices adoption and automation within your team. Share your expertise to empower frontend and backend engineers to efficiently maintain, operate, and enhance infrastructure resources.
- Utilize your proficiency in cloud infrastructure platforms such as AWS, GCP, or similar to optimize our infrastructure for scalability and performance.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and implement improvements in infrastructure, monitoring, and incident response.
- Make significant contributions to operational excellence initiatives, ensuring the highest level of efficiency and reliability in our infrastructure. Administer network capabilities and support CI/CD pipelines. Monitor infrastructure using tools like Prometheus, Grafana, or similar.
- Implement and maintain security best practices across all aspects of our infrastructure, including access controls, encryption, and network security
- Participate in on-call rotations to ensure the continued reliability and uptime of our services
- Design, implement and champion Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) principles to automate software development and deployment processes.
- Articulate a long-term vision for maintaining and scaling our infrastructure, aligning it with our product and technical goals.
- Build tools for blockchain node operators that make it easy to launch and operate different types of validator environments
- Proactively contribute to discussions about technical issues, sprint and roadmap planning, and improving engineering processes
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- 5+ years of direct experience in infrastructure, SRE or back-end engineering with public cloud and Linux-based systems.
- Strong design and implementation experience with at least one major cloud platform (AWS preferred)
- Knowledge of authentication, authorisation and accounting (IAM, Federation, RBAC, service accounts) for public cloud and kubernetes
- Containerization and container orchestration with Docker and Kubernetes. Experience with container hardening and implementation within Kubernetes.
- Proficiency in at least one back-end development language such as Python, Go, or C++
- Expertise in Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools such as Terraform (preferred), Ansible, etc., enabling efficient automation and configuration management.
- Demonstrated experience in production environments with proactive monitoring, logging, alerting, and profiling with tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, ELK Stack (or alternative log analysis platforms) to ensure robust performance monitoring and troubleshooting capabilities.
- Experience developing and maintaining CI systems (e.g., GitHub Actions, Jenkins, or CircleCI) to facilitate automation of the SDLC. Working knowledge of CD tooling (e.g., AWS Code Pipelines, ArgoCD, Flux), and an understanding of how GitOps deployment models operate
- 3+ years experience with one or more programming languages, preferably Go or Python.
- Knowledge of security best practices, encompassing encryption methods, key management, access control mechanisms, and network security protocols that contribute to the overall security posture of our infrastructure.
- Strong understanding of core Internet protocols: DNS, TCP/SSL, HTTP, gRPC, etc.
- Proven ability to take ownership of projects and work independently. Proficiency in effectively communicating project statuses and diligently documenting activities. Expertise in maintaining meticulous attention to detail across diverse, blockchain-centric environments.
- Track record of successfully delivering complex and high-scale infrastructure
NICE TO HAVES
- Contribution to open source projects and/or developing open source tools is advantage
- Data visualization, and observability tooling experience
- Expertise in scaling and migrating systems in dynamic environments, with a strong understanding of incident management processes.
- Experience in information security, including vulnerability assessments, penetration testing, and implementing and automating security controls, with expertise in security protocols (TLS, SSL, SSH) and frameworks (NIST, CIS, ISO 27001). Experience responding to security audits.
- Service discovery and service mesh technologies such as Istio, Linkerd.
- Good understanding of blockchain fundamentals, including wallets, smart contracts, protocol design
- Experience with Liquid Staking or Ethereum Node Operations platforms
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $225,000 - $250,000 is the annual base salary. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, EigenLabs provides various employee benefits, including:
- Employer-covered Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 12 weeks of fully paid maternity and paternity leave
Please mention the word **SERENE** and tag RMjE2LjI0NS4yMjEuOTE= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMjE2LjI0NS4yMjEuOTE=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.