In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes.
Smartsheet is looking for an experienced Senior Program Manager as a key member of our Strategic Transformation Office (STO). The STO mission is to grow and scale our business in an aligned and simplified manner through cross-functional partnerships executing and operationalizing our strategic initiatives. The focus of the role is to support the execution and operation of the companyâs strategic initiatives.
You will report to our Sr. Director, Strategic Transformation, and can be located in our Bellevue, WA office, or you may work remotely from anywhere in the US where Smartsheet is a registered employer.
- Design and facilitate the successful execution of cross functional strategic programs and projects including our annual planning process, OKRs and supporting other critical business operations
- Partner with a broad range of stakeholders and executive sponsors to develop and manage programs and project charters, project plans, resource plans, communications plans, and RAID logs across the SMO portfolio
- Run cross-functional workshops with business leaders to develop new processes, projects, programs, and partnerships
- Proactively assist business partners in facilitating process design and improvement activities
- Be an advocate for change and leverage your skills to close organizational gaps and promote strategy
- Implement project management processes and best practices to create awareness and establish robust communication channels and effective project governance
- Document and track program and project RAG/health against defined milestones and escalate blockers to working group and steering committees as they arise
- Identify, track, and report KPIs to measure performance and success
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelors or masters degree in Project Management, Business, Communications or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of multi-function program management experience
- Proven project management skills and experience managing in a matrixed environment across multiple and diverse groups
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work access the organization and interact, manage and negotiate effectively at all levels including peers through senior levels of management
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies, including Scrum, Kanban, or other frameworks.
- Excellent communication skills to facilitate effective collaboration among team members, stakeholders, and product owners.
- Proficient in project management tools and software commonly used in Agile and Waterfall environments.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage workload to ensure timely delivery of project milestones.
- Experience in creating and maintaining project documentation, such as user stories, sprint plans, and release schedules.
- Leadership skills to motivate and guide cross-functional teams towards achieving project goals.
- Adaptability to respond to changes in project scope, requirements, and priorities.
- Knowledge of Agile metrics and ability to use them for continuous improvement.
- Facilitation skills for conducting effective Agile ceremonies, such as sprint planning, daily stand-ups, and retrospectives.
- Problem-solving skills to address challenges that may arise during the project lifecycle.
- Understanding of the SaaS marketplace, global operations, and organizational effectiveness
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality, integrity, and professionalism
- Motivated by an entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable with ambiguity
- Smartsheet experience preferred
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) for eligible roles
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- US employees are automatically covered under Smartsheet-sponsored life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability plans
- US employees receive 12 paid holidays per year
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Smartsheet provides a competitive base salary range for roles that may be hired in different geographic areas we are licensed to operate our business from. Actual compensation is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, level of professional, educational experience, skills, and specific candidate location. In addition, this role will be eligible for a market competitive incentive opportunity and some roles may be eligible for a RSU stock grant upon accepted offer. California & New York: $124,200 to $178,200 | All other US States: $115,000 to $165,000
Get to Know Us:
At Smartsheet, weâve created a place where everyone is welcome â people from all over the world, all backgrounds, all ages, all colors, and all beliefs working side by side. Here, everyone can make a difference and empower others to do the same. Youâre encouraged to apply even if your experience doesnât precisely match our job descriptionâif your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we empower everyone, everywhere to change the way the world worksâjoin us
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, Australia, Japan, Costa Rica, and Germany. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Please mention the word **DIVINE** and tag RMjE2LjI0NS4yMjEuOTE= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMjE2LjI0NS4yMjEuOTE=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.