The Senior Research Associate, Platform Development works on bioconjugation of proteins and oligonucleotides to help advance Dyneâs therapeutics research and support our drug discovery programs. The successful candidate will work within a group of bioconjugate chemists, biochemists, and analytical scientists, generating and presenting their own data. They will also collaborate closely with cross-functional drug discovery and development teams to represent the Platform Development function and contribute to the advance of Dyneâs oligonucleotide delivery platform and therapeutic pipeline.
The person in this role is an ambitious and energetic self-starter, is motivated to apply their skills and creativity to drug discovery and enjoys working in a fast-paced team setting.
This role is based in Waltham, MA without the possibility of being a remote role. Applicants must be able to relocate to the area.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Independently plan and execute multistep bioconjugation reactions to deliver protein-oligonucleotide conjugates, including
- Preparation of activated oligonucleotides and APIs
- Execution of protein-oligonucleotide conjugations across protein and payload classes up to multi-gram scale
- Purification of protein conjugates utilizing AKTA FPLC systems with a variety of different chromatography modes (including CHT, HIC, etc.)
- Perform biochemical analysis on in-process and final purified conjugates including the following techniques: mass spectrometry (MS), CE-SDS, SDS-PAGE, BCA, SEC-HPLC, and UV-vis
- Perform Tangential Flow Filtration (TFF)
- Maintain an electronic lab notebook in a timely manner and contribute to company intellectual property
- Communicate experimental results to a diverse audience of scientific collaborators
- Serve as functional area representative on cross-functional drug discovery teams
- Write technical reports to support documentation and technical transfer
- Contribute to critical discussions of therapeutic structure, function, and new targets
Education and Skills Requirements:
- Minimum of a B.Sc in chemistry, chemical biology, or biochemistry and 4 years of experience in drug discovery and development, preferably at a clinical stage biotechnology company; or M.Sc and 2 years of experience
- Demonstrated understanding of the general principles of chemistry/biochemistry
- Demonstrated proficiency in synthesis, purification, and characterization of protein bioconjugates
- Demonstrated track record of contributions to research including the ability to work independently and troubleshoot experiments
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and contribute to an inclusive and high-functioning team
- Understand published scientific literature outside of his/her immediate area of expertise and apply this understanding to drive innovation
- Prepared scientific publications or regulatory submission documents
Please mention the word **EXEMPLARY** and tag RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzIuMTcz when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzIuMTcz). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.