Weâre looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our engineering function. At Xapo, we are building truly cross-functional teams with full ownership of design, architecture, building, testing, delivery, data, and operations.
You will collaborate closely with fellow team members from the product, apps, design, and QA communities of practice. You will be part of the product team (we call them SATs, the Stream Aligned Teams, as in the Team Topologies) in charge of the Activation, Billing, and Account aspects of Xapo products.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will develop a high-impact service, provide guidance and coaching around technical good practices, and play an active, critical role in the Development Community of practice. You will shape architectural and technical patterns used in the company to solve the problems for operational teams, improve UX, and cause a WOW effect in the eyes of our Members. With that in mind, you will have an immense impact on how the future of finance looks like.
Our main tech stack includes:
- AWS for all of our Infrastructure
- Python (Django, Flask)
We use also:
- Support, coach, and develop team members into top-performing engineers.
- Working closely in cross-functional teams where everyone is responsible for the outcome.
- Build a great place to work for talented and motivated people
- Designing, developing, and deploying backend services focusing on high availability, fault tolerance, low latency, and security.
- Take full end-to-end responsibility for the services your team owns, from development to production, operations, and data.
- Develop innovative solutions with Bitcoin at its core.
- Significant software engineering experience in one or more general-purpose programming languages (we use Python)
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills, comfortable preparing high-quality documentation and designs to aid understanding and knowledge sharing.
- Understanding the microservices architecture, container-based 12-factor apps, and cloud-native patterns around fault tolerance.
- Track record of using Event Storming and Domain Driven Design, delivering highly scalable asynchronous software.
- Experience building contract-first services and adopting patterns and frameworks to enable appropriate automated testing at the unit, contract, service, and end-to-end levels.
- Experience building services that can be deployed on demand, quickly, and with quality.
- Excellent understanding of CI/CD patterns and good practice.
- Understand the role of high-quality observability in building highly scalable and performant software.
- A dedicated workspace.
- A reliable internet connection with the fastest speed possible in your area.
- Devices and other essential equipment that meet minimal technical specifications.
- Alignment with Our Values and the Xapo Values-Driven Leadership principles.
Please mention the word **UNEQUIVOCAL** and tag RMjYwNDplZDQwOjEwMDA6MTcxMTo3YzM1OmViZmY6ZmVmNTo0OTE5 when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMjYwNDplZDQwOjEwMDA6MTcxMTo3YzM1OmViZmY6ZmVmNTo0OTE5). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.