Latitude AI (lat.ai) is an automated driving technology company developing a hands-free, eyes-off driver assist system for next-generation Ford vehicles at scale. Weâre driven by the opportunity to reimagine what itâs like to drive and make travel safer, less stressful, and more enjoyable for everyone.
When you join the Latitude team, youâll work alongside leading experts across machine learning and robotics, cloud platforms, mapping, sensors and compute systems, test operations, systems and safety engineering â all dedicated to making a real, positive impact on the driving experience for millions of people.
As a Ford Motor Company subsidiary, we operate independently to develop automated driving technology at the speed of a technology startup. Latitude is headquartered in Pittsburgh with engineering centers in Dearborn, Mich., and Palo Alto, Calif.
Meet the team:
The Latitude AI Systems Engineering team brings all the components of the autonomy stack together. We work very closely with the software teams to verify all of the functions of the autonomy stack from sensing and perception through prediction and motion planning.
What youâll do:
- Cultivate and maintain a healthy, diverse work culture and environment with a strong emphasis on safety
- Develop, mentor and coach others in your area of expertise
- Act as subject matter expert across the perception functions
- Develop requirements and verification plans for perception hardware
- Develop metrics and requirements for perception performance
- Analyze and root cause issues for perception hardware, software, ground truth and metrics
- Define use cases and bounding scenarios that define the limits of perception capabilities
- Work with the testing and triage teams to implement in car tests
- Work with the analytics, data science and cloud computing teams to implement metrics at scale
- Develop statistical models for perception failures and extrapolate to make recommendations
- Prototype different tools (in Python or C++) to analyze perception performance
- Perform data driven trade studies on a number of options
What you'll need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years of relevant experience in a related Engineering Field (i.e. Computer Science, Electrical/Mechanical/Aerospace Eng) or Master's degree and 2+ years of relevant experience
- Proven track record of delivering high priority assignments efficiently
- Experience in a professional work environment where safety, honesty, procedure and/or software testing are emphasized
- Strong desire to learn new skills related to technology and software
- Excellent written communication skills
- Detail oriented mindset with a focus on safety and procedure
- Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision
- Willingness to travel to remote offices and test facilities as needed
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Health savings account with available employer match
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- 15 paid holidays
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks for onsite employees
- Pre-tax spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Adoption/Surrogacy support program
- Backup child and elder care program
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Learn more about Latitudeâs team, mission and career opportunities at lat.ai!
Candidates for positions with Latitude AI must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Please mention the word **FAMOUS** and tag RMzQuODIuMzQuMTU4 when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMzQuODIuMzQuMTU4). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.