The Senior Systems Engineer role requires strong, demonstrable hands-on knowledge and experience assessing, designing, configuring and implementing, supporting, and troubleshooting all systems aspects of enterprise-level infrastructure, including but not limited to: systems, security, cloud, scripting, virtualization, and storage technologies.
Travel: up to 25%
Job Type: 1099 Contract Consultant
- Plan, design, assess, implement, monitor, troubleshoot, and maintain the operational health of the highly available higher education infrastructure.
- Develop scalable and maintainable solutions that meet business requirements.
- Provide a higher level of escalation support to systems and help desk staff.
- Install, configure, and support systems from a wide range of industry-leading vendors and technologies, including but not limited toâ¯Azure, AWS, Microsoft, VMware, IDM/IAM, and Linux.
- Interface with multiple departments as the subject matter expert resource to assess, recommend, project plan, and implement technology solutions in support of business initiatives.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues related to system and application performance and availability, network connectivity, and security.
- Proactively monitor and report on overall technology service performance and take action to correct deficiencies in monitoring and controlling the quality of individual system services.
- Create and maintain technical documentation, including systems integrations, diagrams, operational procedures, knowledge base documents, disaster recovery plans, and training documentation.
- Work collaboratively with clients, vendors, and other team members to ensure project success.
- VMware configuration, ability to create new virtual machines, manage ESXi clusters and troubleshoot
- Solid understanding of enterprise-grade storage solutions such as, EMC, NetApp, Nimble, HP Lefthand, Dell EqualLogic, VXRail, Compellent, Hyperconverged, etc.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Server operating systems, Linux operating systems, and scripting languages (PowerShell, Bash, etc.)
- Must be detailed-oriented and demonstrate excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrate a customer service-oriented attitude, work well under pressure, and possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Be able to design and scope technical solutions that meet client's requirements and expectations
- Must have the ability to create precise and accurate documentation
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds during installations or configurations.
Education & Experience
- Bachelorâs degree in a technical discipline or 4 years or more of experience.
- Experience working in a higher education or large enterprise environment(s)
- 3-5â¯years of systems engineering experienceâ¯
- Experience with VMware/vCenter, Hyper-V, and enterprise storage
- Windows and Linux operating system experience
- Experience providing service in accordance with SLAs
- Understand basic Networking principles
- The right candidate will be available to travel to the clientâ¯up to 25-50% of the time.
- Nice to have certificates:
- Previous MSP, Consulting, K12, or Higher-Education IT experiences a big plus.
Benefits of a CampusWorks Contract Consultancy:
CampusWorks contract consultants partner with our clients to provide solutions that promote positive change for campuses to reach their full potential. If you are looking to expand your experience and impact, grow a portfolio of projects, or leverage your expertise and experience in a new way, CampusWorks contractor projects could be your best career move.
CampusWorks contracted consultants experience:
Â· Collaboration: CampusWorks fosters a collaborative environment where you can work with other talented professionals on projects that align with your interests and expertise.
Â· Flexibility: Whether you have your own business, prefer selective work periods, or seek work-from-home opportunities, we offer flexible assignments to suit your needs and goals.
Â· Impactful Projects: As a partner in our HappyCampus community, you will have access to dynamic and challenging projects, making positive changes for the clients we serve.
Â· Variety: The needs of our clients are likely to vary, adding some diversity to your daily tasks while allowing you to grow a variety of different skills.
Notice to all Applicants:
Please click on the links below for more information on these important topics:
- Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Your Employee Rights Under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- E-Verify Participation
- Right to Work
Please mention the word **CLASSIC** and tag RMjYwNDplZDQwOjEwMDA6MTcxMTo3YzM1OmViZmY6ZmVmNTo0OTE5 when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMjYwNDplZDQwOjEwMDA6MTcxMTo3YzM1OmViZmY6ZmVmNTo0OTE5). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.