Weâre looking for a Technical Lead to join our engineering function. At Xapo, we are building truly cross-functional teams with full ownership of design, architecture, building, testing, delivery, data, and operations.
You will lead and collaborate closely with fellow team members from the product, apps, design, and QA communities of practice. You will be part of the Technical Leadership team in charge of all the technical aspects of Xapo Bank products.
As a Technical Lead you will provide guidance and coaching around technical good practices and play an active, key role in the Development Community of practice.
Our main tech stack includes:
- AWS for all of our Infrastructure
- Python (Django, Flask)
We use also:
- Support, coach, and develop team members into top-performing engineers, both on hard and soft skills.
- Working closely in cross-functional teams where everyone is responsible for the outcome.
- Build a great place to work for talented and motivated people
- Designing, developing, and deploying backend services focusing on high availability, fault tolerance, low latency, and security.
- Take full end-to-end responsibility for the services your team owns, from development to production, operations, and data.
- Support other departments and scale non-technical teams through technical augmentation.
- Develop innovative solutions with Bitcoin at its core.
- Significant software engineering experience in one or more general-purpose programming languages (we use Python)
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills, comfortable preparing high-quality documentation and designs to aid understanding and knowledge sharing.
- Understanding the microservices architecture, container-based 12-factor apps, and cloud-native patterns around fault tolerance.
- Track record of using Event Storming and Domain Driven Design, delivering highly scalable asynchronous software.
- Experience building contract-first services and adopting patterns and frameworks to enable appropriate automated testing at the unit, contract, service, and end-to-end levels.
- Experience building services that can be deployed on demand, quickly, and with quality.
- Excellent understanding of CI/CD patterns and good practice.
- Understand the role of high-quality observability in building highly scalable and performant software.
- Experience working with a public or private cloud vendor
Skills that are nice to have:
- Experience working in the Fintech industry.
- Experience of working in teams responsible for Conversion, Activation, and Onboarding.
- A dedicated workspace.
- A reliable internet connection with the fastest speed possible in your area.
- Devices and other essential equipment that meet minimal technical specifications.
- Alignment with Our Values and the Xapo Values-Driven Leadership principles.
Please mention the word **CELEBRATE** and tag RMzQuMTA1LjExMi4xMDE= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMzQuMTA1LjExMi4xMDE=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.