Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
At Octopus Energy Services, we're committed to leading the charge in the global renewable energy revolution. We are expanding our team to support the installation and logistics operations related to in-home technologies, such as low carbon heating and solar power.
We are seeking an experienced Logistics Training Manager / Coordinator to join our mission. Our logistics function plays a crucial role in delivering exceptional customer experiences and driving the adoption of sustainable technologies across the UK.
As a Logistics Training and Quality Performance Leader, you will be responsible for building and delivering comprehensive training programs for our Logistics teams. Logistics play a vital role in handling millions of pounds worth of stock, following consistent safe working practices to accurately collate customer install packs and delivers to customer homes, in the most customer centric method in the most efficient manner.
This central role requires frequent travel to our Distribution Centres in Slough, Hinckley, to other key sites expected in the future and occasional visits to other non logistics sites across the UK.
What you'll do
- Overseeing the quality assurance and training activities for logistics ensuring effective and collaborative ways of working.
- Collaborating with leadership colleagues in various low carbon technology environments to align objectives, standards, and deliverables of the Logistics team.
- Leading communication within the Logistics function to keep stakeholders informed of news, changes, developments, and opportunities.
- Focusing on continuous improvement through quality assurance frameworks, training, and development resources to enhance team performance.
- Coordinate, lead, plan and deliver onboarding activities and training for all logistics team members.
- Owning, maintaining, and improving business processes within the logistics function to ensure successful outcomes for our internal and external customers.
- Supporting and developing members of our team to fulfil their full potential using a positive coaching leadership style to encourage independence and problem-solving.
- Supporting the Logistics management teams in delivering business strategy, building the team, delivering projects, and ensuring superb team performance and customer service.
- Creating and delivering bespoke logistics training courses
- Supporting the creation, iteration, and delivery of induction and refresher programs for new starters.
- Identifying learning and development needs through careful analysis of team and people performance, collaborating with key stakeholders to improve and monitor team performance.
- Leading a high-performance culture through regular training interventions, bespoke sessions, and coaching.
What you'll need
- Experience leading and inspiring people in roles at all levels, preferably in logistics, ideally with relevant industry experience in utilities, energy, low carbon, heating, or renewables.
- Previous experience within a logistics role, particularly in the use of Lean methodologies, Keizen and 5S
- Strong engagement skills
- Ability to work at pace, handle multiple projects and challenges, and organize others to maintain momentum and progress.
- Exceptional organizational skills, ability to use data effectively, and present information clearly.
- Tech-forward mindset, preferably with Warehouse Management Systems experience and Transport Management Systems experience and Warehouse Automation Systems.
- Excellent communication skills in multiple formats
- Ability to work remotely and to travel regularly across the UK to various sites, with our Logistics Distribution Centres in Slough, Hinckley and a Northern DC as regular locations.
- Passion for helping others be their best, with a growth mindset and resilience in a high-paced and rapidly changing environment.
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we we're voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.
Please mention the word **COMMENDABLY** and tag RMzQuMjE5LjE4LjQ0 when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMzQuMjE5LjE4LjQ0). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.