Data Engineer Consultant ITE/ITO
Background: We are looking for a Data Engineer to join the ITE/ITO Data Management.
The team: We are responsible for Data Management which includes Database Administration, Enterprise Data Warehouse, the Data Marketplace of the organization Business Intelligence, Data Quality, Data Governance and Advanced Analytics. The ITE/ITO Information Technology Operations is the focal point in the department for IT Operations supporting platform, collaboration, data, and cloud technologies.
What you will do: As a member of the IT Data Management team, you will:
- Guide in all areas of Data Management: You will partner with project teams to architect, collaborate, influence, and communicate data analytics solution and cloud technology to various development and infrastructure teams across the organization.
- Work in the assessment, planning, and design phases of projects lifecycles aligned to the overarching IT digital strategy that supports the Banks mission and collaborating with various IT operations and development teams.
- Responsible for data analytics solutions which includes the Data Marketplace and the Data Warehouse, modeling, Business Intelligence, and Advance Analytics. Provide technical direction to data modelers, data analysts, data integration, and database administrators.
- Define and execute data and analytics strategies to improve the decision making process, train and educate business areas, and foster self-service analytics throughout the entire organization.
Skills you will need:
Education: You hold a bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field. Masters degree is preferred. Certifications on cloud platforms and technologies such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud services are a plus. Data warehouse, data pipeline and integration certifications are preferred. Python based analytics certifications are also a plus.
- Experience: at least 6 years of experience in data warehouse design and implementation, analytics solutions architecture, data pipeline and integration for different type of information such as traditional SQL structured and json like unstructured data for analytics
- Experience working in cloud environments architecting, implementing, and supporting data and analytics solutions
- Proficient in programming and scripting languages (Python, R, JS) for data analysis
- Experience in new and innovative solutions for analytics and data processing including artificial intelligence implementation, machine learning models, text analysis and forecasting/predictive models
- Technical skills in data architecture and multi-platform integrations leveraging cloud solutions and services for data availability and analytics
- Proficient in building different type of data repository solutions for analytics including traditional data warehouse models with LSA architecture, real-time and near real-time data lakes, files storage and shared repositories with enterprise wide purpose.
- Preferred experience working with enterprise data catalog solutions, data virtualization tools and data as a service strategy
- Experience with data governance, meta & reference data management, data profiling and data quality solutions design and implementation
- Preferred experience working on data privacy initiatives
- Knowledgeable about ETL processes and data pipelines for data warehousing models and data availability for self-service BI
- Proficient in project management including development team coordination, activities planning, issues resolution, project monitoring and reporting
- Experience working with SQL and non-SQL types o data bases, query and scripting, modeling and objects optimization
- Soft skills to participate and lead multiple initiatives with the different departments and sectors of the Bank
- Experience working on the financial/banking sector is preferred
- Experience working with Open Data strategies is a plus
Languages: You are proficient in English and in another Bank official language (Spanish, Portuguese and/or French).