* Please, apply here: https://grnh.se/da03b8be3us for being evaluated
Who We Are:
At Auctane, we are united by a passion to help sellers — wherever they are, however they operate — fulfil the promises they make to consumers. The Auctane mission is to fuel commerce through exceptional delivery. We make it possible for businesses to meet the ever-rising expectations of their customers, and we make the world smaller and more accessible to consumers everywhere.
Auctane brands enable hundreds of thousands of merchants to annually deliver billions of products — over $200 billion worth — to customers around the globe.
And Auctane is just getting started.
Auctane is a team of shipping and software experts with a passion for helping merchants move their ideas, dreams and innovations around the globe. The Auctane family includes ShipStation, ShipWorks, ShipEngine, ShippingEasy, Stamps, Endicia, Metapack, Shipsi, GlobalPost, and Packlink. Our partners include Amazon, UPS, USPS, eBay, BigCommerce, Shopify, WooCommerce, and Walmart.
The Customer is our mission.
Our company was built in service of our customers. Every time we answer the phone, write a line of code, hire a new team member, form a partnership, or build a new interface it is explicitly because we believe that action will improve the life of our customers.
We work with the best people.
We will only work with people who are enthusiastic about their work, respectful of diverse ideas and backgrounds, and who possess the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
We only play offense.
We’re on a mission to reach and help every mailer, shipper and merchant on the planet. Because of this we move with urgency, take risks, and are determined to ship solutions quickly.
We expect exceptional outcomes.
We are a rapidly growing company with intent. We expect to continue to deliver market transforming solutions for our customers and challenging growth opportunities for our employees.
We are direct and authentic.
We have a genuine empathy for our employees, partners, and customers. We serve that empathy by treating everyone the way we would like to be treated - openly, ethically, and honestly. We set expectations clearly and hold ourselves accountable to what we commit.
About The Team:
The Auctane Engineering Tech and Data team does one thing first - provide our customers with world class production software. This team ensures that our customers experience a fast and reliable system and provides our engineering teams with the tools to deploy, monitor, and maintain our production systems.
Why would I want to be a Data Engineer at Auctane?
Data is key to Auctane’s strategy. We work at scale, pace and with the latest architecture patterns and tech. We process thousands of events per second and our massive dataset keeps growing at a staggering pace. We keep improving our data platform and data engineering stack to accommodate growth, enable novel solutions and provide the best service to our customers.
We have a flat and open engineering culture where data & evidence beats opinion and hierarchy, backed by honest and frank discussions. We passionately believe in forming autonomous, cross functional teams who are empowered to deliver our ambitious strategy. Energy and passion for our business and customers is a part of the Auctane culture – and we love working with like-minded people.
What will I do?
- Contribute to the design, build and operational management of our data lake and analytics solution on top of proven AWS data technologies like S3, Athena, Lambda, Kinesis and ECS
- Use state of the art technologies like Airflow, dbt and Spark to process data and get our dataset just right
- Develop frameworks and solutions that enable us to acquire, process, monitor and extract value from our massive dataset
- Support the Data Analysts and Data Scientists with automation, tooling, data pipelines and data engineering expertise, enabling them to deliver complex analytics products and machine learning solutions
- Deliver highly reliable software and data pipelines using Software Engineering best practices like automation, version control, continuous integration/continuous delivery, testing, security, etc.
- Define, implement and enforce automated data security and data governance best practices within the solutions designed
- Mentor more junior colleagues and receive mentorship by more senior colleagues
What key skills and experience do I need?
- A Software Engineering background
- Experience developing and supporting robust, automated and reliable data pipelines in Python and SQL
- Experience with data processing frameworks like Pandas, dbt or Spark
- Experience with streaming data processing
- AWS, Azure or Google Cloud experience
- Continuous integration/delivery environment experience with a passion for automation
- Knowledge of a Data Orchestration solution like Airflow, Oozie, Luigi or Prefect
- Knowledge of both relational and non-relational database design and internals
- Knowledge of how to design distributed systems and the trade-offs involved
- Experience working with software engineering best practices for development, including source control systems, automated deployment pipelines like Jenkins and DevOps tools like Terraform
What will make me stand out?
- Production experience working with very large datasets
- Knowledge and direct experience in using business intelligence and analytics tools (Tableau, Looker, Power BI, etc.)
- Practical understanding of PII-related issues and other considerations regarding data security
- Experience with big data cloud technologies like EMR, Athena (Trino), Glue, Big Query, Dataproc, and Dataflow.
- MLOps know-how
- A desire to constantly challenge the norm
- Fast-learner with a keen interest in evaluating and adopting new technologies: Apache Iceberg, Dagster, dbt, GreatExpectations, Prefect, Snowflake, etc.
- Willing to attend conferences, webinars and meet-ups and share the learning
What we offer:
- Clear and transparent compensation plan. The salary range for this role: up to 66.000€. We always include the salary range for all our job offers to be clear about our expectations. We will discuss the indicated range with you in the first recruiting call to ensure that we are on the same page. Please, apply here: https://grnh.se/da03b8be3us for being evaluated
- 💰 Stock options
- 🏖️ Shorter timetable during one month for you to enjoy your summer.
- 📙 Personal Training Budget. Up to 2000€/year training budget (certifications, conferences attendance, etc.) to invest in your professional development. We want to help you improve your technical skills, feel involved in the product community, and develop your soft skills to lead teams and manage other stakeholders.
- 🗺️ Languages classes every week. Thirsty for knowledge? Learn a new language by joining our free English/Spanish/French classes. In groups of 4-5 people, you can connect and enjoy taking up a new language or improving your current skills with one of our great instructors.
- 🏠 We are a remote-first company All team members at Packlink are remote employees. After COVID, you can decide if you want to work in the office 2 days a week or 3 days per quarter—it's up to you. We also cover your expenses for working from home (50€ per month/600€ per year).
- 💻 Everything you need to work from home. Whether you prefer Mac, Linux, or Windows (or an additional screen or two), we set you up for success when working remotely.
- Referral Fee 🔗 We need your support in hiring top-class talent! We offer a referral bonus of 1k-3K, depending on the complexity of the role and the hiring process.
- 🏐 Health and Wellness: The well-being of our team is super important to us. Choose from different options that help you focus on your health:
- Gym membership or exercise classes (pilates, kick-boxing, etc.)—we’re happy to cover the cost!
- If you prefer private health insurance, we offer a great plan courtesy of our partner Alan.
- Last but not least, we have psychological assistance free of charge.
- 🎂 Enjoy your Birthday Take your birthday off to celebrate!
- ⚖️ Great work-life balance We offer a flexible work schedule and will do our best to adapt to your personal situation. Working in a fast-paced environment can be intense, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t enjoy your free time!
- 💜 An inclusive and upbeat work environment Leave your suit behind... we’re a t-shirt and converse kind of place! More importantly, our company culture promotes diversity and inclusion. The personality and opinions of each of our team members are important and valid, and we aim to offer all employees a safe environment where they can be themselves and thrive.
- 🌍 A cross-cultural atmosphere We are a truly international team of 15 nationalities that speak 10 languages. Our company language is English and all internal communication and company-wide meetings are in English.
- 🏟️ Company events Work hard, play hard! We do our best every day, even at our regular team-building events. Everything is currently remote, but we’re looking forward to organising in-person company events once again soon!
- 💰 Flexible Salary We work with a flexible compensation plan for transport, restaurants, and kindergarten so our employees can save on personal income tax.