Weekendesk was created in 2008 and financially sustained by Otium Capital, which is currently the European leader in the sale of short-stay and thematic weekends.
We are present in over 5 different countries and two offices in Paris and Barcelona.
We generate over 85M€ BV selling 15,000 different packages made of Hotel Room Stay and Activities.
You will be part of the IT & Product hub based in Barcelona, with the objective of exponentially increasing our supply and better distribute our products across various channels.
In details you can expect to:
· Acquire functional knowledge of the e-travel field.
· Build new features/products around supply and distribution of our main products via APIs.
· Resilient and scalable real-time integration with third-party APIs.
· Channel Managers.
· Activity providers.
· Third-party distributors.
· Build tools capable of reliable real-time auditing, monitoring and analytics capabilities.
· Collaborate with other teams for transverse projects.
· From java 8 to 15 (in short time 17).
· Spring / Spring Boot.
· Microservices architecture.
· REST APIs.
· Continuous delivery.
· Development best practices used: Pair programming, code review, TDD.
· MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch.
· AWS, Docker, Kubernetes.
· Other tools: Maven3, Jenkins2, git, GitHub, Spinnaker.
What we are looking for:
· Significant working experience in a Java Web environment (preferably using Agile methodologies).
· Previous working experience.
· Passionate for development and web technologies.
· A team-player who favours the group vs the individual achievement.
· Fluent in English.
· Working experience within the e-commerce/travel industry is a plus.
Why joining Weekendesk?
· To be the first customer to put the hands-on new features we build.
· To be challenged every day and test your limits in a very dynamic and ever-changing environment.
· To be part of the driving force behind the growth of a dynamic company with start-up spirit within a motivated team.
· To have fun at your workplace and meet people from many different nationalities.