At Wallapop we are on a quest to help people with collaborative economy, and to make the world more sustainable by extending the life of products.
Wallapop was founded in 2013. We are the marketplace for second-hand goods in Spain. With more than 8 million searches per day and over 15 million users across Spain with a catalogue of several hundreds of millions of products, we exist to empower people to promote a more conscious and human way of consumption. We achieve this by bringing together the scale and simplicity of classifieds with the convenience and the reach of marketplace to create the world’s best unique goods trading platform.
Wallapop takes pride in having an open culture, where every opinion matters and everybody contributes in many different ways; through different internal cross-functional clubs aligning with people’s passions and interests.
We count 21 nationalities within our employee base and we operate in 2 languages: Spanish and English - this makes us pretty fun and special. While in most cases we are not attached to one language or the other, we encourage talent to embrace both languages and be able to operate outside their comfort zone. To ensure success we facilitate group and individual Spanish and English classes as part of our working day.
Our company Values are:
We are One Team: Communicative, trusting and inclusive
We Dream & Deliver: Creative, impactful, pragmatic
We Aim for Simplicity: Intentional, uncomplicated, humble
We Learn & Grow: Constructive feedback, curiosity
We organize ourselves into topic teams and embrace agile practices.
We are looking for an experienced designer to be design owner and strategic partner with our technology and product teams. Someone who is passionate about creating new features based on what our users say and need, capable of designing complex navigation flows and interactions including all of its elements as well as oversee the project, explain it, split it into parts, and prototype it.
Of course, you must be proactive and thrive in a team setting, and have an obsession with perfect margins and harmony between elements on a device screen; Aligned with our vision: We believe in an alternative way of consuming and what we do every day is focused on creating the most powerful, easy and best tool for real people to buy and sell second-hand stuff.
The day to day involves:
- Work cross-functionally with your product manager, engineering and other stakeholders to achieve the best possible design solutions based on findings from research, quantitative data, experiment results and feedback from your team.
- Participating in ongoing design reviews and iterations during the sprint.
- Deliver outstanding designs with precise and well documented specifications.
- Be proactively available to developers to ensure designs specifications are met as they were defined.
- Advocate the design best practices and design principles with the stakeholders and the team to guarantee a high standard of quality aligned with the product and the company values.
- Contribute to the maintenance and evolution of our Design System.
- Partner with the global design team to develop design standards.
We are looking for someone with:
- Proven experience carrying out exploratory research.
- Proven experience designing and facilitating workshops
- Proven experience in ideation, UX strategy, rapid prototyping and leading user validation.
- Proven experience designing complex systems as logistic and/or payment services.
- Proven experience working with design systems and in agile environments.
- Strong communication, storytelling and influencing skills to drive design vision and a users first culture at Wallapop.
- Ability to operate in both Spanish and English.
Who you are
- An end-to-end senior designer who feels comfortable from early stages of exploratory research to the delivery of a beautiful UI.
- Capable of making informed decisions by knowing how and when to use different research methods.
- Predisposed to serve as a mentor in an area of expertise to junior or mid designers.
- Quickly adapt as needed to get things done.
- Proactive teammate with a positive attitude, autonomy and project ownership.
- An advocate for giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- You show an MVP and iterative mindset.
Are you ready to join Wallapop? We are waiting for you!
- Flexible working hours
- Half/day Fridays
- Personal training budget (2000€ per year)
- English/Spanish lessons
- Encouraging, fun and team-focused offsite trips twice a year
- Team building activities
- Free coffee, and free fresh fruit
- Private Health Insurance (Cigna)
- Gym discounts
- Weekly Yoga and Boxing classes in the office
- Other benefits paid from the gross salary (kindergarten check, food check, transport check).
- You'll enjoy a 50% longer maternity/paternity leave
- Referral Program, charity donation
- Relocation package. International team (now 18 nationalities and counting)
- All-new, modern and inspirational office space in 22@ District including rooftop
Our hiring process:
* PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO THE CURRENT COVID19 SITUATION ALL INTERVIEWS TAKE PLACE REMOTELY OVER HANGOUTS*
- Intro Call - ran by our Talent Acquisition team. It should take about 30-45 minutes and will focus on giving you more information about the role and the company as well as going over your experience and expectations.
- Expertise interview - ran by the hiring team. focusing on hard skills and domaine knowledge required for the role. This usually take 60 to 90 minutes / 60 minutes.
- Competency Interview - ran by our Talent Acquisition team and/or hiring manager. We will focus on gaining insights and understanding on how you operate in the workplace as well as your fit to our values. This usually takes 45 min to 1 hour.
- Practical interview - ran by the hiring team and relevant stakeholders across other functions. The focus will be on assessing your ability to apply your skillset to the wallapop context.
- Offer - should you be the right candidate, your offer will be discussed over a call with our Talent Acquisition team and will then be confirmed in writing.
Wallapop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees