Ruby on Rails Back End Engineer (Full-Time)
Nivel del Recursos/ Seniority: Senior. They will be embedded in lightweight teams and their additional experience would probably make the difference when it comes to ramping up and navigating a new environment.
Cliente: Fast-food restaurants chain that serves salads. California, USA
Modalidad de trabajo I: 100% Remote.
Modalidad de trabajo II: full-time (40 hrs/week).
Extensión el proyecto: Long term.
Zona a realizar búsqueda: LATAM. The client can be flexible with the time zone and working hours.
Nivel de inglés: Good oral and written (English) communication skills.
The client has a Ruby upgrade project to work on, plus a few features to implement on their core application engine. They are looking for the following skills:
- Solid Back End experience
- Good understanding of ORM that handles Rails
- Good understanding of Gems for Back End actions
- Good understanding of Relational Databases Model and performance tuning activities
- Experience in upgrading Ruby on Rails stacks and gradually rolling out new versions
- Experience on AWS, and how to deploy Ruby/Docker applications
- Experience with ActiveJob, especially in the context of version migrations
Regarding the clients platform, they are runnning an old Ruby 2.3.7 and Rails 4.2 server, dockerized on Amazon ECS. The whole infrastructure runs on AWS, their test and deployment pipelines are on CircleCI. They have a fair catalog of Postman tests assessing the Rest API of that application.
All teams use Scrum with 2 weeks sprints.