About Ninety Nine
Ninety Nine is a fintech scale up with a mission of improving peoples’ relationship with money. We do this by offering an easy to use, affordable and ethical investing platform and putting our clients’ interest as the cornerstone of our decision-making process.
We are currently in the process of taking our investment platform to the next level, building new cool features and expanding our product to new countries to reach hundreds of thousands of users.
We write a lot about what we love about investing, so check out our blog if you want some more information about us.
About the role
We are looking for a web developer, oriented to build CMS-websites (WordPress) and to become the principal agent of the great amount of our website, one of the pillars of Ninety Nine image and acquisition strategy
What you will be doing
- Improve and create new pages and features for our WordPress-based CMS.
- Respond to and troubleshoot all website issues
- Plugin and Web SDK installation in order to preserve the correct functioning of some of the tools required by the Product and/or Marketing team.
- Ensure our website is super-optimized to drive traffic and conversions 👉🏽 WPO (Web Performance Optimization), both for desktop and mobile versions. In charge of aspects such as JS request optimization, optimal cache management, lazyload, minification, CDN management, image optimization, etc.
- Support the Digital Analytics and CRO ara, as well as the SEO collaborator to carry out tagging tasks, events, A/B testing, or any kind of needed optimization (sitemaps, metadata, duplicate content cleaning, URL / Slugs optimization, etc)
- Hosting provider management
- Keep up-to-date with industry best practices and monitor competitor websites
- Alignment and connection with the company’s DB information when required
- Minimum 3 years of experience in website development
- Deep knowledge of WordPress functions, plugins, and modifications
- Deep knowledge of responsiveness standards across mobile, tablet and desktop screens (extra kudos if you already know what Google’s Core Vitals are).
- Prior experience programming custom widgets for Visual Composers such as Elementor.
- Extensive previous experience using WPO tools like GT Metrics, Page Insight or even plugins like WP-Rocket.
- You have good communication skills and enjoy talking with other teams (Design, Tech, Product, Marketing, Finance) to achieve the required coordination to create a great product. You feel comfortable explaining what you did last weekend in English
Working at Ninety Nine
We believe that building a diverse and inclusive team is critical to Ninety Nine success. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
- Flexible working: whether it’s working from home or leaving early to pick up the kids from school.
- Learning and Development: our team is hungry to continuously learn and you’ll receive a budget to spend on books and conferences to keep growing as a person.
- Unplugged weekends: we work hard without letting work get in the way of life. We’ve implemented no Slacks or emails on weekends, so you can switch off.
- Impact: your actions will have an impact in the life of millions of customers that rely their life savings (and dreams) on us.
- Birthday disconnection: important days exist to spend valuable time with family and friends, not drained by infinite emails and never-ending to-do lists.
- Private health insurance: nothing is more important for us than our employees health and wellbeing. Period.